BACK THEN AND NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
redbenjoe said:
this is a great topic -- i wish i could also contribute --

but i was already 85 years old back then !! :-)
and there was no such word or product as 'boombox'
or 'ghettoblaster'
Plus, the cameras still used flash powder! :lol:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
you fellas are now so far "off-topic" :sad: :thumbsdown: :-P :'-(

the mods may soon delete your posts and banish your posting privaledges :lol:

Patron

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Los Angeles CA.
we usually change physically, but the love for the radios still there and getting better with age,
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tony thanks for sharing , i hope there is more members posting their pics. :hmmm: :hmmm:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
hey hugo --
you and tony and frank are all lucky to have any pics from 20-30 years ago
of yourselves WITH your boxes --

like WHO -- back then ??- could have predicted this box interest revival -

so - even if lots of shots were taken -
i think that few may have thought these were important enough to keep
for these decades

?? :-)

Patron

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Los Angeles CA.
Gluecifer said:
To Hugo, Tony and Frank: Best **** ever.
Thanks so much for sharing.
It's an honour to be in the company of you guys.

Rock On.

Glucifer, i never thought anything about it , but i guess we are really lucky to still have those pics, from an era that we love the most, and lucky and proud to share with you all . i wish i had taken more pictures.

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
I love this thread but its frustrating at the same time,because i used to have loads of pictures of me and my boxes,the first pic was took when i was about 13-14 in 83 with my GF9500,but since my dad died,and moving home numerous times,any pictures i had all dissapeared along time ago,i do have a picture some where of my oldest son,he is 20,the picture i took was done in 1989,he was only a few months old..

Prime

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Michigan, USA
Hey Tony, is that a Ranger 2950 on the workbench? I used to design and build CB amps back in the 90s. I had 6000 watts in my car back in the day. I could set off burglar alarms, car washes, traffic lights, ...ah yes, good times!!

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
Prime said:
Hey Tony, is that a Ranger 2950 on the workbench? I used to design and build CB amps back in the 90s. I had 6000 watts in my car back in the day. I could set off burglar alarms, car washes, traffic lights, ...ah yes, good times!!
close, it is a RCI 2970, it does about 150 on AM, the best thing I remember when I used to have a linear in my truck was opening the outer door to a bank vestibule (spelled right I don't know), you had to use your card to open the outer door to get to the ATM, and as my friend was about to swipe his card I keyed up and the door buzzed and opened!!

Status
Not open for further replies.