ATTENTION UK MEMBERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
Im thinking about dates, and this is whether we choose Brighton or anywhere else.
I guess we have to think of whether before school summer holiday (Meet before late July), during the holidays (late July till early September), or after school holidays (after September).
I mention the school holidays as it will have a bearing on whether some people can make it or not and also £££ costs if any members we thinking of staying overnight.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
This is a great idea and I'd love to attend but I know my health won't allow me to. I'll not ruin the thread with details but it's been a bit of a rough ride the last few months hence my lack of forum activity and resto work on my BB's. I wish you all the very best for a great meet up and sincerely wish I could be there.

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
Always welcome here Chris, as long as you don't mind a barrage of boomers surrounding you!

They are everywhere here!!

Oh, & very easy to get here by train from either Gatwick or Heathrow & the beach is only a mile from my place!!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Nickeccles said:
Always welcome here Chris, as long as you don't mind a barrage of boomers surrounding you!

They are everywhere here!!

Oh, & very easy to get here by train from either Gatwick or Heathrow & the beach is only a mile from my place!!
Many thanks for the offer. :yes: To be honest, some days I can hardly walk 2 or three steps but other days are better/much better than this, my lungs are farked.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
This sounds like it is shaping up into something!

I will go where the winds blow, so you guys decide. The only thing I need to really know is the date, but I'm hoping it won't be during the high cost travel season.

Thank you to everyone that has offered me a ride and a place to stay. I guess that will play out once the date and location is settled on. It is HUGELY generous of you to offer!

Really sorry to hear about the health issues everyone is suffering from. Yet another reason to do something like this before our time slips away.

I can really see this developing into something AMAZING!

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
If we go to Lees place it would give us all the benefits of having a more personal atmosphere, where we can all bring a few radios, blast music, chill, chat, eat, drink, all without being bothered by the public or moved along by the law. Plus it will be cheaper, for parking, local accommodation, refreshments (we could bring our own).

But the down side would be we not be able to pose our arses off down on the seafront, although maybe we could have walk about Crawley?
And of course we would have to put up with seeing Lees rubbish collection of beaters :-D

I really don't mind, im not massively into boxes anymore so im more than happy to let others decide on want they want from the day.

Ps, very good of you to offer Lee :yes:

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
I think the best day would be on a Saturday, maybe also best to make it in July or August for weather reasons.
That gives us:

01 July, 08 July, 15 July, 22 July, 29 July
Or
05 August, 12 August, 19 August, 26 August.

Venue's are looking like Lees place or maybe Brighton.

What sort of dates suit you Chris, it might be best for you to throw out a couple rough dates and see who can make it?

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
im_alan_partridge said:
I think the best day would be on a Saturday, maybe also best to make it in July or August for weather reasons.
That gives us:

01 July, 08 July, 15 July, 22 July, 29 July
Or
05 August, 12 August, 19 August, 26 August.

Venue's are looking like Lees place or maybe Brighton.

What sort of dates suit you Chris, it might be best for you to throw out a couple rough dates and see who can make it?
End of July would be best for me. I will be in in Venice July 4th and Berlin the week before the Dessau meet which is August 19th.

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
Ok lets see if we can narrow it down, who would be down for one of the following Saturdays:

July 22nd, July 29th, Aug 5th or Aug 12th.

Being the no-life sadsack that I am, I am available on any of these dates at the mo.

Lets see who can make it on some date or another then work on venue.
Chris, safe to say its looking like the southeast so Gatwick is a good central airport if that's any help. If another airport is preferable, let us know which one :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.