ATTENTION UK MEMBERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
After reading all the comments and seeing the fantastic pics & video I'm struggling to find the words to post about this spectacular occasion. The overwhelming feeling I get is the sense of camaraderie amongst you all, it seems so natural, warm, intense and oh-so deserved. You're all like one big family on a grand get-together! :yes: This whole thread oozes all that meet-ups should be: The friendliness & humour, freely given help & advice, the integrity & goodwill of everyone to the extraordinary goodwill of the hosts - it surely must be the best Boomboxers Mutual Appreciation Society Meeting there ever has been! :yes: :-D :lol: :thumbsup:

Over the coming days I'll not only revisit this thread to keep up to date but, each time I visit, I'll start from the beginning to immerse myself in the wonderful atmosphere you all managed to create by being a part of something rather special.

The best bit for me? It has to be the 'Field Hospital' in full operation! :yes: :clap: :hooray:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Thanks for the info, Simon!

Christine, the camaraderie is real. It is a testament to the quality of our "family" members here. I hope you, and the other UK members who missed this one, get to experience it the next time. :yes:

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Now that's how you throw a boombox party! Fantastic all around. All these pics and videos made my day.
Chris I feel for ya man, whenever I travel I try to think of everything but spacing your gates and turns gets me every time!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
MyOhMy said:
After reading all the comments and seeing the fantastic pics & video I'm struggling to find the words to post about this spectacular occasion. The overwhelming feeling I get is the sense of camaraderie amongst you all, it seems so natural, warm, intense and oh-so deserved. You're all like one big family on a grand get-together! :yes: This whole thread oozes all that meet-ups should be: The friendliness & humour, freely given help & advice, the integrity & goodwill of everyone to the extraordinary goodwill of the hosts - it surely must be the best Boomboxers Mutual Appreciation Society Meeting there ever has been! :yes: :-D :lol: :thumbsup:

Over the coming days I'll not only revisit this thread to keep up to date but, each time I visit, I'll start from the beginning to immerse myself in the wonderful atmosphere you all managed to create by being a part of something rather special.

The best bit for me? It has to be the 'Field Hospital' in full operation! :yes: :clap: :hooray:
Christine, you were the only thing missing from this meet and the only thing that could have made it better!

jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Yep, anyone who hasn't been to one of these events doesn't know what they're missing! :-)

Even the comparatively lame meets we have here are still great fun. :lol:

James... :-)
Nailed it on the head. Even if two members get together with 2 radios, it will be an experience you will never forget.

Fatdog said:
Thanks for the info, Simon!

Christine, the camaraderie is real. It is a testament to the quality of our "family" members here. I hope you, and the other UK members who missed this one, get to experience it the next time. :yes:
Fatdog, everything you have brought into the Boombox community has led to this. From building and maintaining the Boomboxery site, to the east coast guys starting the first meets with the Sunshine mix. It all has led to this. The Sunshine mix inspired me to meet all the members on the West coast, then the UK crew and next month I'll be at the Dessau gathering.

Thank you Bobby!

caution said:
Now that's how you throw a boombox party! Fantastic all around. All these pics and videos made my day.
Chris I feel for ya man, whenever I travel I try to think of everything but spacing your gates and turns gets me every time!
HA HA, yeah, I'm not a fan of airport layouts

wife beater.JPG

Dr DER

Member (SA)
Jan 30, 2015
Refferside Cali
Yes so much of this is true. I have experienced this feeling twice. The first time is when I met the West Coast group. The second time is in Vegas the first international boombox me several members I have never met showed up. It was like we knew each other for years . No one no one acted like they were better than anybody and everyone was willing to share radios and stories with everyone. It's just one big boombox family. No matter where in the world you are music and radios will bring us together. First thing on my bucket list to meet as many members and collectors as possible.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Dr DER said:
Yes so much of this is true. I have experienced this feeling twice. The first time is when I met the West Coast group. The second time is in Vegas the first international boombox me several members I have never met showed up. It was like we knew each other for years . No one no one acted like they were better than anybody and everyone was willing to share radios and stories with everyone. It's just one big boombox family. No matter where in the world you are music and radios will bring us together. First thing on my bucket list to meet as many members and collectors as possible.
Exactly!!! It is something almost tangible but only something recognisable after the event. A commonality and love for our memories, an era, whatever it brings for you, we all feel the same thing.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
These meets are such a great time. Like Dr DER said, when we had the Vegas meet it felt like I knew everyone for years. Just a bunch of great guys with their families all loving the same thing and having an absolute great time. Cheers to the UK for getting together like this, I'm positive there will be more to come in the future!
Boomboxery Family :thumbsup:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
SLO said:
These meets are such a great time. Like Dr DER said, when we had the Vegas meet it felt like I knew everyone for years. Just a bunch of great guys with their families all loving the same thing and having an absolute great time. Cheers to the UK for getting together like this, I'm positive there will be more to come in the future!
Boomboxery Family :thumbsup:
Great words SLO, you would have loved it. Your a collector of "Fine Working Examples" and you would have thoroughly appreciated the extent the UK guys to.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Chris, if you sent a postcard back in time to your teenage self, you think you would be pretty stoked?!
"Dear Chris, it's Chris.. It's 2017, and I'm munching on tea and crumpets with my boombox homies in the United Kingdom"......

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Chris, if you sent a postcard back in time to your teenage self, you think you would be pretty stoked?!
"Dear Chris, it's Chris.. It's 2017, and I'm munching on tea and crumpets with my boombox homies in the United Kingdom"......
Great post!! :-)
Ha classic, I never thought of this but that is so true!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JustCruisin said:
It's been a wild ride this Boombox community has taken me on. Walking down the Las Vegas strip with you last year was absolutely amazing.

Back in 1985 I saw Iron Maiden play at the Long Beach Sports area. That show was made famous by the release the following year of the of the live album LIVE AFTER DEATH where Bruce Dickinson famously said "Scream for me Long Beach". One of those voices on that album screaming is mine.

In the concert program was a picture of Adrian Smith (guitars) and Steve Harris (bass) wearing shirts that say "No! We are not an English Rock band!", "We are dental floss salesmen from Montana".

dental floss.jpg

As a 16 year old I vowed then and there that I would some how break the bonds of my little neighborhood and see the world. I always wanted to do it in a band on stage and I saw a lot that way, but I had no idea that the Boombox, the device that delivered Iron Maiden to me in the first place would be the vehicle that would ultimately take me to England to meet such amazing people.

I'm out there some where....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x0sUz8mZQQ

zarra68

Jan 18, 2017
Bucharest,Rome,Bristol
It was a fun date, the first pictures I saw standing in the head!
If it was September, I was also present.
Next time..
Let's hope we will meet in southern Europe, both in the north and in the east.

Status
Not open for further replies.