anyone own or used to own Pioneer HPM-100 speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Could be just some bad crossovers causing the tweeters not to work?

Arkay

Member (SA)
Jan 18, 2011
Congratulations on your HPM-100s. Those replacement tweeters should work fine in there, from what I see of their specs. It's important, of course, that the drivers work well with the crossovers, especially with a system as complex (five drivers!) as this one.

I've had HPM-100s around for a few years. I think they're pretty decent, butnot everyone agrees. They do tend to polarize people's opinions; one of those things that most people seem to either love or hate. I used mine for my television speakers for a good while, and they did a great job at making movie sounds "involving." They're decent at music, too, although it can be a little hard to get them to produce a real "soundstage." Mine are in storage at the moment, but will soon come out again to appear "in rotation>"

Again, congratulations! :thumbsup:

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
Thanks, but they have 4 drivers not five. I like them even with the replacement tweeters, I don't really care if they are original or if they look original, speakers are to hear most of all how they look is secondary,plus with the grilles on you can't tell if they are original or not. New issue I'm having is one speaker seems to have more bass than the other so I still have some checking of things to do. They really look good after I hit them with some Scott's Liquid Gold !!

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
Thanks ! Well the story goes that the guy that worked on the JBL's after leaving went to Pioneer and than worked on these, but who knows I just read somewhere that that wasn't true??

Yes they sound good with the Sansui ( I know you like hearing that !! ), last Friday was the first time I was able to turn the volume past 3 as no one but me was home

Macdude443

Member (SA)
May 21, 2009
Johnstown, PA
ahardb0dy said:
Thanks ! Well the story goes that the guy that worked on the JBL's after leaving went to Pioneer and than worked on these, but who knows I just read somewhere that that wasn't true??

Yes they sound good with the Sansui ( I know you like hearing that !! ), last Friday was the first time I was able to turn the volume past 3 as no one but me was home

Bart Locanthi I think. I've got a nice pair of HPM-100's in my main system, with a Pioneer SX-1010 reciever, Pioneer PL-560 tt and a Nakamichi 480 cassette deck. Also lucked upon a pair of Pioneer HPM-1100's from 1982 that work great after a re-foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.