Anyone ever dealt with "grig15" ?

Superduper

Member (SA)
I don’t know what everyone is so concerned about, almost everything that comes from overseas takes a long time, and customs usually culls a selective sample to inspect. If your package is lucky enough to be chosen for inspection, it adds another 3-4 weeks and during this time, it usually looks like an item is in limbo.

Superduper

Member (SA)
I haven’t purchased that many overseas. But the few that were sent seamail easily took 2-3 months and 90% of those sets came Humpty Dumpty fashion. The airmail ones were faster. Europe the fastest, 2-weeks or less. From Asia still takes a long time, even if airmail. Every time one got intercepted by customs, it added weeks. The scariest was a pricey M90 that came from HongKong. I paid a fortune it and this was over 10 years ago. Customs added a month and I thought it was lost but showed up. Then I saw it.... the unit was mummied in maybe 20 layers of thin bubble wrap. Customs agent said screw that, I’m not gonna unwrap that so took a box cutter and cut a 20” horizontal swath right across the middle. I think as luck would have it, the bubble wrap thickness was just about a mm or so greater than blade depth. Otherwise the mint M90 would have a gangster battle scar across its face. After a poor experience from Korea where I lost several hundred to a piece of junk that was deliberately misrepresented, and eBay said no problem, just send back, with tracking, at MY expense, the shipping cost of which would have amounted to the entire purchase & shipping cost, I no longer buy radios overseas unless I’m prepared to risk losing the entire amount.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
All i can say is nothing has taken this long to arrive for me in my 20 25 years of buying and trading, and i have had boxes from all over the world, funny thing the longest was from Canada, and i had my money back on that one, but we are all in different places all over the world so i guess a lot depends on this

Coast Steve

Member (SA)
Nov 26, 2018
Sunshine Coast BC Canada
Guess what boys..............It's apparently in Toronto as of this morning!

Canada post tracking say's it's in Poland but the Armenian tracker shows it's actually in Toronto.

So hopefully next week then....and hopefully not opened, damaged or cut up.

So this is very good news.

What a great guys this seller is:

"Don't hurry with refund. I want you to take it check is everything ok, acter that if you will be fully satisfied we will discuss the refund. I am very excited too. I think it will take 3-7 days to be delivered."

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Superduper said:
See, told you. Probably intercepted by Customs for inspection to make sure it's not some Middle East poppy stuff.

You said the guy gave you a refund. Hope when it arrives in the described condition, that you take care of the seller, who went out of his way to take care of you. ;-)
why are you nearly always right lol, you are a good omen Sir :w00t:

excellent news steve

Coast Steve

Member (SA)
Nov 26, 2018
Sunshine Coast BC Canada
Thanks guys yes this is great news. I will be obviously be sending him the full amount back when the radio is here.

A great seller for sure. It was just the shipping part was a pain and not his fault.

I'll post a pic of it when it's here.....hopefully all perfect.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Great news Steve. Canada Customs in Toronto are a suspicious bunch. They blocked a package of belts from overseas. I ended up having them re-route the same package through New York and voila! Delivery complete/

If you'd like I can go down in person and put it at the top of the delivery pile for you? :w00t:

Hope it arrives soon Steve. I know you've been on the lookout for some time!

Coast Steve

Member (SA)
Nov 26, 2018
Sunshine Coast BC Canada
Hey guys, look what I just picked up from the post office in perfect condition!

Wow this radio really cranks it out and clean.

For a test.....With a tape in and the loudness button off and set up to 3/4 volume it's still very powerful and clean sounding.
You can tell it would fall apart any louder than that.
But that's louder than I would ever have it.

Fills the room with sounds just nicely.

Very impressed.

And thanks for all who helped me with advice and suggestions.

(1978 bike to keep that period correct look)

Attachments