Another mad creation....GE 6035 in Red!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djetaine

Member (SA)
May 13, 2010
looks great. Love those slim boxes. One question though? Why did you stop at the front facia and leave the back beige? Why not red all over or gloss black on the back?

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Great job, Mellymel !!! That box looks great in red!

With all of the knobs, buttons and their respective labels located in that mid-section of the box, the 6035 is a very easy one to mask for a paint job. Definitely the easiest to paint of all the boxes I own...

Mine was painted at the same time and by the same guy who painted my 190E last year. It was a bit of a last minute idea I came up with the night before the car was going to be painted. I figured it was too good of an opportunity to let pass so I stayed up late and prepped it up for him to spray. While the front was at the paint shop, I painted the speakers and the grills.

Here's how my 6035 turned out...

Now that it looks like this, I just need to focus on the guts!

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
djetaine said:
looks great. Love those slim boxes. One question though? Why did you stop at the front facia and leave the back beige? Why not red all over or gloss black on the back?
...I thought about that but after putting it back together I liked the beige/red combo... :-D ...plus that would have been a lot more work...

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
jaetee said:
Great job, Mellymel !!! That box looks great in red!

With all of the knobs, buttons and their respective labels located in that mid-section of the box, the 6035 is a very easy one to mask for a paint job. Definitely the easiest to paint of all the boxes I own...

Mine was painted at the same time and by the same guy who painted my 190E last year. It was a bit of a last minute idea I came up with the night before the car was going to be painted. I figured it was too good of an opportunity to let pass so I stayed up late and prepped it up for him to spray. While the front was at the paint shop, I painted the speakers and the grills.

Here's how my 6035 turned out...

[ Image ]

Now that it looks like this, I just need to focus on the guts!
...very nice...and the 6035 is a surprisingly nice sounding box...

Status
Not open for further replies.