Analogue Lounge Room

xiracerxix

Oct 9, 2020
Seattle
Folks,

Thought I'd share two areas in my condo that's dedicated to the analog world. This boom room is dedicated for chilling, listening to the boomboxes and sipping my whisk(e)y. Two of many passions. The other room is a 2 channel room where I have a reference tube amp, turntable and lots of vinyl.

In the boom lounge: JVC M70 JW, JVC RC-838 JW and a rare Panasonic RQ-4350 in mint condition. Behind the units is an audio switcher with a bluetooth receiver to output to the boom.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Reactions: Mixamyte 1

peturssc

Member (SA)
Jan 5, 2020
Love it. Can you post some info on the Bluetooth and switch setup? I'd like to do something similar.

Timecop1987

Member (SA)
Jul 24, 2017
great room and (it seems to have) a great urban view! I also need to get my BT-receiver all ligned up for different boomboxes - seems to be a smart solution.

I do have a similar room for my boomboxes, hifi & vinyl. I really enjoy these evenings in an analogue mood 8-)

thanks for sharing!

xiracerxix

Oct 9, 2020
Seattle
great room and (it seems to have) a great urban view! I also need to get my BT-receiver all ligned up for different boomboxes - seems to be a smart solution.

I do have a similar room for my boomboxes, hifi & vinyl. I really enjoy these evenings in an analogue mood 8-)

thanks for sharing!
Appreciate the comment. BTW, I changed the input using an old Sonos connect I found on eBay. I got rid of the bluetooth. I now have a turntable connected to the Sonos as well as a multitude of audio sources configured for the Sonos. Much better solution if you ask me..

xiracerxix

Oct 9, 2020
Seattle
Appreciate the comment. BTW, I changed the input using an old Sonos connect I found on eBay. I got rid of the bluetooth. I now have a turntable connected to the Sonos as well as a multitude of audio sources configured for the Sonos. Much better solution if you ask me..
Yes, a great urban view it is. I live in a concrete jungle.

peturssc

Member (SA)
Jan 5, 2020
So the switch is connected to the Sonos and the turntable?

xiracerxix

Oct 9, 2020
Seattle
There's a few ways you can do this
The switch is just used to output from the source (e.g. Sonos or Pre-amp for standard input for phono).

For my setup, I have an Amp/Preamp for my Sonos and Turntable. The output of the pre-amp is connected to the distribution switch. Then the outputs are connected to the boom boxes.

Does that make sense?