Ammo box boomer

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
So I bought an old Landrover Defender and needed a quick sound upgrade. Took an ammo box off the back of my quad, a couple of speakers I found in the barn, a tiny £12 Bluetooth amp off Amazon, bolted it down and wired it in. Sounds really pretty decent and will do for now as no way I was leaving a vintage boomer in it as you could unlock the doors with a stick lol7A1E8989-42DD-47A5-8336-017EDD458EC6.jpeg9912002E-CB1F-495B-AE9D-3BF6950C8218.jpeg08DAC7F6-32BA-4D7E-8D94-03F2EC3CB10C.jpeg

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I had to unlock my Jeep with a piece of rebar that I found behind the dumpster at work so I understand what it's like to be able to open it up with the stick my only other option was bust the window but I said all hell no I'm not spending money on no damn new window. Luckily there was just enough of a crack in the window to get the rebar in otherwise I was screwed I locked my keys in the minute I got to work what a dumbass I was. I love the Land Rover and the boombox Rock on!.

Reactions: Northerner

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Had the Landy for a couple of weeks now and love this thing. Yeh it’s built like a tank lol so the ammo box seemed appropriate. Might get a bigger ammo box and add a sub..,see how that sounds

BoxBeats

Member (SA)
Apr 19, 2022
Salinas, CA
Love the Defender! I might be alone on this but I’d rock the Tesla truck - it looks like a cross between a Deloran and a boombox. Plus Back To The Future is one of my favorites beside Star Wars and The Godfather ( all of them except the original Part 3 but the Death of Michael Corelone was a better edit). Joey Zsa Zsa!

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I have zero respect for the new Land Rovers but I totally love the old Land Rovers. You hardly ever see these vehicles in the USA But if they were more plentiful they wouldn't last 5 minutes and they would be bought up.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I will admit as I drove by the Land Rover dealership the other day they had one new model that I hadn't seen before and the thing looked pretty f****** badass but I don't even know what it was cuz I drove by too fast.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I work right across the street from the Land Rover dealer in Chantilly Virginia they have everything there even the Rock Road Wall thing that they drive the Land Rovers over. It's actually Land Rover and jaguar some of those Jaguars just mean looking m************.
They also just built a brand new Porsche dealership right across the street.

Eavb

Member (SA)
Aug 6, 2019
Cornwall, U.K.
The old series Land Rovers are amazing. They are noisy, slow and uncomfortable but they will go absolutely anywhere! The only downside is they are so bumpy that my old boomboxes sometimes rattle to bits.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
The old series Land Rovers are amazing. They are noisy, slow and uncomfortable but they will go absolutely anywhere! The only downside is they are so bumpy that my old boomboxes sometimes rattle to bits.
Sounds like my jeep . I have a 1996 cherokee classic and the noise keeps me awake while I'm driving but she'll plow through anything it the way. Even though my stereo system has shrunk over time I do still have over a thousand watt amplifier plus all JVC PC 55 woofers and JVC tweeters plus two Kicker competition subwoofers mounted in the quarter panels that I built custom boxes for trust me I used to have 2 -15 inch subs and 4 10 inch in my Jeep now down to 2 8 inch kicker competition and 4 jvc pc 55 woofers and 4 jvc pc 55 tweeters and it gets the job done with over a 1000 watts backing it up. The pc 55 woofers are no joke they can handle some real power. I turned the amp down as low as it would go so I don't burn them up and they still whale out some sound

Last edited: