All that's left - Edited -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
All that's left. Slimmed down my box collection. These are the last 4 that I am keeping for a while. Stacking all these looked cool but then I started to feel concerned for the feet on the Gold Conion. After the pic they were taken down.

Got em out for Spring and the Summer. Ready to blast and go on vacations this year. Oh...and parties. I break out the Conion until people start getting tipsy and too close to it. Then I make the Lasonic i931 switcharoo...haha.

stacked_boxes.jpg

Edit:

Wasn't planning on growing the small collection but when one of these opportunities presents itself you just have to jump on it. I love the full logic deck. This thing really does sound good. Now I know what all the hype is about :-)

This will sit next to the Gold Conion C-100:

JVC RC-M90.jpg

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Reli said:
Love that Quasar's speaker grills!

And what's the model name of that GE? I have an AKA of that --

http://www.wikiboombox.com/tiki-index.php?page=Readers+Digest+PB-2
Hi Reli,

That Quasar is a great size for trips. A division of Matsushita Electronics AKA Panasonic, it produces a pleasing/surprising sound for it's size and in the sun those grills really come to life. It is in the best shape of all my boxes. The only downside is a tone knob is present versus bass and treble and no auto stop on rewind or FF of cassette so you have to be there to stop it or it bogs the motor.

The GE is a 3-5267A. Surprised to see interest in this box. This one has a history with me from my HS days which is why I keep it. Funny how a box doesn't have to be worldly popular to spark interest in specific people. This one I reconditioned to perfect working order. I wish I could find a manual to this just to have it. The problem with this model number is GE also made a cordless telephone with the same model number (minus the A). Hard to find any documentation on this unit. The AKA was sold in Germany. I think it was called a Techsound or something of the sort.

2 of these 4 boxes in my collection tie me to specific times and people and events in my life which make them special. The other 2 are just well known and/or rare. I love them all. The Quasar and GE go on trips. The others are a little too big...haha

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Reli said:
What's the Quasar model number?
Hi Reli,
yes sir. Model GX-3612 for the Quasar. Here are a few outside pictures. If I could rewind time to 1982/83 and had the receipt I could return it as new its in that good of shape. It's a nice box to carry around because of its smaller size.
IMG_0031.jpgIMG_0033.jpgIMG_0034.jpgIMG_0036.jpgIMG_0051.jpgIMG_0052.jpgIMG_0055.jpg

Attachments

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Well maybe one more. I had to defy my wife's instructions to thin the herd but when this opportunity came up I took it and asked for forgiveness later.

I had the opportunity to blast my Gold Conion C-100 and the JVC together. My personal feeling is that the JVC has a better sound quality. But that's just me.

Anyway here it is. It arrived safe and sound :-)

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:27644]

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Transistorized said:
Well maybe one more. I had to defy my wife's instructions to thin the herd but when this opportunity came up I took it and asked for forgiveness later.

I had the opportunity to blast my Gold Conion C-100 and the JVC together. My personal feeling is that the JVC has a better sound quality. But that's just me.

Anyway here it is. It arrived safe and sound :-)
That M90 look to be in tip top shape, welcome to the M90 club! The M90's put out some great clean sound, and if you wanna wake up the entire neighborhood... then the C 100 is a screamer, you cant go wrong with either boombox. Congrats on owning em both.

Status
Not open for further replies.