Aiwa AD-F600 Tape deck no sound (Bad caps?) Pls help!

Superduper

Member (SA)
I’ve seen heads like that before & oftentimes it looks worse than it is. The chrome is really hard & the green stuff is often only on surface. I bet you can probably scrape some off with your fingernails. Member mellymelsr once told me he went to town on a head that was like that with chrome polish. My jaw dropped to the ground on hearing this, but he said it looked brand new afterwards & sounded new too. I can’t dispute it but will say you have nothing to lose.

Boomboxholic

Member (SA)
Jan 12, 2019
Hello! Sorry for bumping a 3 year old post, but I would like to share my story with this machine. So here comes the story. Unfortunatley I couldn't revive it in early 2019, my DIY skills was bad at the time. So I'd rather killed the machine instead of fixing it. (I had forgot to add the grounding wire on the cassette mechanism in result to cause short circuit, enough to kill the machine). So in early march of 2019 I spent about 3 months of soldering and desoldering everything, the LCD the motherboard, the tape deck mechanism. It never worked. So 2 months ago I found a chance to re-buy the exact same machine and I've successfully repaired it this time. This one is the F600Z that was produced in 1998. Not the F600/2 from early 90's.

Attachments