After all these years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Wow that thing looks heavy. Did Reli bring that to the Vegas meet, I think I remember seeing it?

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
trippy1313 said:
When I first saw the pics I thought it looked like a beast, like M90 or bigger in size. I was surprised it's more the M70 size. It's a very cool looking box.

Glad to see you've acquired yet another one of your "must have" boxes. Very cool of Reli to hook you up AND bring it to you.
Could you imaging this the size of an M90 :jawdrop:
Yeah, Reli really hooked me up. It really proves that if you cry, whine and beg enough, you can pry any radio out of another collectors hands :lol: :lol: :lol: . I can't thank him enough for this. I have seen one on eBay in the last 5 years here in the States. I guess they just didn't sell many of them :hmmm: or they are all imports :huh: . These things must have cost a fortune back in the day. First of all, it's a JVC! So right there adds a premium to the cost, then you add the fact that putting a TV in it was such an amazing feat that only the Japanese could shrink things that far! :-O :yes:
baddboybill said:
That looks really nice. I have a similar Monkey Wards. I like the looks of your better!
20161213_083957.jpg

blu_fuz said:
Wow that thing looks heavy. Did Reli bring that to the Vegas meet, I think I remember seeing it?
It is heavy. My scale battery is dead or I would weigh it. It has to be 20lbs or more. Yes, it was in Vegas, but kind of buried in the back and we never plugged it in.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Chris that is one gorgeous piece of history, congratulations!
Props on Reli for the deal, that would not be an easy box for me to see go.
It's got that level of busy-ness that inspired boombox doodling during boring classes. Or detention :-P

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
caution said:
Chris that is one gorgeous piece of history, congratulations!
Props on Reli for the deal, that would not be an easy box for me to see go.
It's got that level of busy-ness that inspired boombox doodling during boring classes. Or detention :-P
Yeah man, I can't thank Hans enough. Everytime I look at it I think "No way I could have parted with it!" :lol:

JustCruisin said:
I think I mentioned to SLO at the Vegas meet how badass this box looks.. :yes:
Super jealous! Yes, all those buttons..all those buttons.. :cool:
image.jpg
It was so hard to watch it get loaded back up and go home with Hans that weekend. ALL THOSE BUTTONS :drool:

Van Presence

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
Parnassus, NZ
Wow. I can't believe it's smaller than a M70. I'd always imagined it to be a little bit bigger. Must be all the extra buttons/switches making it look bigger.
I want 1 now! Dreams are free

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Oh Chris here's another fantastic looking Sharp TV boomer just like your JVC. Looks pretty sweet and I don't ever remember seeing this one

.IMG_5082.PNG

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Great radio lasonic 920... i have both the silver and black one, i'll never part with em, congrats on a grail found, Reli must be losing his mind jk :-) :hooray:and you're wright, these do sound better than an m70, overated box imho

Status
Not open for further replies.