A black beauty or not? Sharp WQ-T252E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Radio-Active said:
Haha. Great example. My sentimental favorite box,but I don't mind when it gets dissed. Lol. And it doesn't even have any lights or a neat combo-deck.
Speaking of, did anyone find some speakers that work well for it?

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
T-STER said:
Fortunately we have a respectful place where enthusiasts can gather and show what we are proud of. You are a true enthusiast at heart T-STER and I appreciate your positive comments in previous posts. I am curious how the double cassette works with one door ;-)
Very kind words thanks man. You're right of course, any box that is interesting and keeps the hobby alive is worth its weight in gold.

This one is strange in that the two tapes are stacked back to back, when you close the door it first lifts up to the straight position and then slides back dead straight and the super long spindles go through both tapes. The spindles can operate each tape independently or play back to back switching between tapes/sides. Very cool. I mostly just loved the flashing lights though :lol:

I was listening to my Aiwa 880 last night (refoamed and sounds so good) and then my Sanyo 920 after but i still put this cheeky fellow on for an hour afterwards and was not disappointed.

Bloody love my DJ Tech to, that or my 920 probably tie for most used boxes, each one came from an awesome member here to so they are extra special.

I guess what im saying is i just love em all !!
That is a very interesting design in cassette deck. I always think of things from a mechanical aspect. I will need to research more about this. Eventually one day I may have to take one apart and see the belt configurations.

Yes the DJ-Tech is one of my personal favorites of the modern boxes as well :yes: Not sure if yours has the 5Ah battery mod. If so you will REALLY like the long lasting use of it after that. It's one of the first things I did to mine after reading Mellys and Dr Der post about it.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Reli said:
Oh, and about the M70......Also the switches and sliders feel a bit cheap IMO.
The sliders indeed often do feel cheap and sticky or loose, wobbly or grabby. But mind you this is after 35 years of wear and tear and deoxit or solvent treatments. However if you ever felt the controls of my rebuilt slider control boards, which is how I would imagine new ones would feel, you might opine differently. This is why I sometimes caution against making generalizations about Boomboxes, because our observations don’t always comport with those of all examples of the same models. Just mho.

Status
Not open for further replies.