9494 Capstan Black Goo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatbox

Member (SA)
May 28, 2009
Spending the day with my girl as I'm off work today, so can't help you out until much later this evening. But will check out my boxes in case they have a similar mechanism to the 9494.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
If I recall there is a cylinder air pump on this door with a spring that attaches directly to the door. They are prone to breaking and sometimes need reglueing. If you can provide a pic I can show you where it attaches to.

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
docs said:
If I recall there is a cylinder air pump on this door with a spring that attaches directly to the door. They are prone to breaking and sometimes need reglueing. If you can provide a pic I can show you where it attaches to.
Hey Docs, it is the door with the air pump. I've found a tiny hole on the tape door which looks like the spring fits to it but not sure where to attach the other end. I'll post a photo tonight (aus time). I cant work out whether the spring is supposed to attach to the main unit as well as the front case or if it just fixes to the front casing :hmmm:

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Yes one end fits onto the door onto a little hole and usually needs a bit of glue to hold. The other end goes on the bottom of the air cylinder, I think it attaches to the inner cream part of it.

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
docs said:
Yes one end fits onto the door onto a little hole and usually needs a bit of glue to hold. The other end goes on the bottom of the air cylinder, I think it attaches to the inner cream part of it.
Nice one Dave, I'll check it tonight. Should be a pretty quick fix :thumbsup:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Good job, Alfie!! Post some pics when you get it all ready. :yes:

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
The finished product!!!

Sorry it took so long to get the photos up, been busy and still working out how to use my new MacBook.

Anyway, here's a couple of snaps (sorry if the lighting is a bit crap, photography aint my strong point)

It is now fully working (except for the APLD which I can live without for now)

Thanks again for everybody's input on this one.
Next up is probably going to be my M70.......

All it needs now is stickers for the speakers (fatdog pleeeease) :yes: :yes:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
alfie said:
Thanks again for everybody's input on this one.
Next up is probably going to be my M70.......

All it needs now is stickers for the speakers (fatdog pleeeease) :yes: :yes:
What a beauty!! :thumbsup:

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Terry said:
Hey Alfie, looks good, a hellova lot better than when it lived in my cupboard.

but I gotta ask, what happened to the deck door sticker?
Hey Brian,

With regards to the sticker, I was really keen to keep it but it was starting to peel. After a thorough soapy wash it was even worse so I decided to pull it off. I actually have an 8585 parts box in storage with a sticker on the tape door so if it fits I might think about replacing it when I get it out again, Until then.....
Thanks again for hooking me up with it. This is one blaster I have thoroughly enjoyed working on mate :-D :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.