7 Boomboxes for price of 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
OK, Is this a box you have previously owned?

One piece or three piece?

I'm assuming you already made the deal...But I got a sweet Yorx with your name all over it :w00t: :-D :lol:

Scotty_M

Member (SA)
Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane, AU
I have no idea what this could be. I don't think there would be any box that i would trade out for those 7.

Far fetched guesses:
NIB M-X820k?
NIB VZ-2000?
NIB CRC-H84FC?

Scotty

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Well it's used but in pretty mint shape. It's a one piece and does have box. There are a few members who know but I'd like them to keep it under wraps. It was very hard for me to sell lots of real nice units but I had to knowing the one I'm getting could possibly fetch me more later on. But most likely I will not part with it. Oh and I'm sorry I can't give anything for guessing right box. But I was sorta looking to see if anyone has or would sell/trade this many units just to get one. Mind you I did not have funds to buy this boombox outright and financing was not an option :-D

Bad Boy Bill

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
Has the one ring, er I mean the one box, been shipped already? If so,
Are you tracking it like a kid tracks santa's sleigh?
http://www.noradsanta.org/

Selling that many boomers does not sound unreasonable. Personally I would drive to pick it up, though, no matter where it was in the US. Mainly because that would be my whole collection on the line.

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
An analogy to this, for those like me who do not have a lot of grails, is that it would be like playing poker and betting all your chips on one hand. It can be a good strategy; You just have to make sure that you win.

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
I know what it is, but have been sworn to secrecy. I can tell You it has 4 speakers, twin antennas and a handle. If I said more, some here would piece together the clues and figure it out. :-)

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
I would have a hard time trading 7 for 1... but I only have 3 right now, and I'm already attached to them. It would depend for me, how often I used those 7, for how often I would use the 1... I couldn't do it just to have it sit tucked away, I'd have to use it, take excellent care of it yes of course, but I would be playing it often.

And I have no clue what you traded all those for, no guess from me.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I know what it is, but have been sworn to secrecy. I can tell You it has 4 speakers, twin antennas and a handle. If I said more, some here would piece together the clues and figure it out.
So then it can't be one of the Tosh 3-ways :hmmm:
Or the Mars Jumbo which is sorta 3-way also I think :hmmm:
Or the C100 which is 3-way too
Or the Sharp GF777/999/1000

So it's probably an SK-900 or M90 or Crown 970 or 5350 or RX7200....or maybe Redbenjoe's green Conion, lol

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
So then it can't be one of the Tosh 3-ways :hmmm:
Or the Mars Jumbo which is sorta 3-way also :hmmm:
Or the Sharp GF777/999/1000

So it's probably a Pioneer or M90 or Crown 970

I don't think anyone would pay that much for a Crown even if NIB :hmmm:

Bad Boy Bill

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
baddboybill said:
I don't think anyone would pay that much for a Crown even if NIB :hmmm:

Bad Boy Bill
Yeah I was gonna say, I certainly hope not. :lol: But check my updated post.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I would have a hard time trading 7 for 1... but I only have 3 right now, and I'm already attached to them. It would depend for me, how often I used those 7, for how often I would use the 1... I couldn't do it just to have it sit tucked away, I'd have to use it, take excellent care of it yes of course, but I would be playing it often.

And I have no clue what you traded all those for, no guess from me.

When you have or had lots like I have had. Plus when you know it's better to have a few worth lots not only in dollars but grail status it makes it much easier to give up. Plus I know I can get some of those units back. I also have another 2 excellent grails waiting for me as soon as I get funds.

I have had over 100 units already with many high end grails plus I know I will be collecting for many years to come. :thumbsup:

Bad Bad Bill

kraftmatic

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles, USA
And to answer the question, yes I would trade those seven boxes for one BB40. That's pretty much the only grail I don't have and have no idea how to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.