$50 M90? Ok, I'll take it! (clear camera pics pg 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Thanks man!

It is gut wrenching trying to hold onto these boxes when you see them selling for almost $2k again on epay. Please give me the strength!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Hahahahahahaha - its tempting. Having 2 kids, 2 houses, 2 car payments, and a wife it is hard to keep any of my heavy hitters!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
if i had your collection i would sell all but the helix the m90 and the trc 931. at least you make a good chunk of money and still keep the hard to get models that you will surely miss later in life. i wish i had that option but nobody wants my crap lol.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Hahahaha good point Floyd and i wish i had the nuts to sell that many of my boxes.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
blu_fuz said:
Thanks man!

It is gut wrenching trying to hold onto these boxes when you see them selling for almost $2k again on epay. Please give me the strength!
Yeah, truth be told, these prices will only hold as long as our generation values them and then the prices will plummet when Generation Jerk takes over and no longer care. Might be best to take door number two!

BUT, if you do, don't shait it away some something stupid, like dinner for the wife or a house payment. Sell and sink into something else you will keep OR a vacation that will leave you with memories.

EXAMPLE:
Sold my Toyota 4x4 to pay a large bill, bought my 935 and 975, still miss my truck, but have 2 radio's to show for it.
Sold my Toyota MR2, bought a motorcycle AND my 922. Every time I see the 922, it reminds me of my MR2.

What doesn't work...

Sold my XXXX-XXX (Insert Boombox model here) went out to dinner, took a big dump, have nothing to show for it!

Do you see where this is going?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
BUT, if you do, don't shait it away some something stupid, like dinner for the wife or a house payment. Sell and sink into something else you will keep OR a vacation that will leave you with memories.
I 100% agree with this. We are not in dire need of any cash, but to think 'what could I do with the money?' comes up. I owe about $5k on my truck, so if I made enough to pay that off it would save me $315 a month in payments and I am keeping my truck for a very very long time. Like you said, every time I looked at the truck I would think of the radio(s) that went into it. I do that right now when I look at the wheels on the truck, I used boombox sales to pay for those.....

This M90 though, it would bring the most cash compared to my other one, but there is no way I could replace it. Keeping the nice one presents a new problem too, I wouldn't want to take it out so much in fear of damage. I like character on my boxes but appreciate the minty ones just as much.

PS, the dinner/dump analogy is spot on! lol

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
blu_fuz said:
I 100% agree with this. We are not in dire need of any cash, but to think 'what could I do with the money?' comes up. I owe about $5k on my truck, so if I made enough to pay that off it would save me $315 a month in payments and I am keeping my truck for a very very long time. Like you said, every time I looked at the truck I would think of the radio(s) that went into it. I do that right now when I look at the wheels on the truck, I used boombox sales to pay for those.....

This M90 though, it would bring the most cash compared to my other one, but there is no way I could replace it. Keeping the nice one presents a new problem too, I wouldn't want to take it out so much in fear of damage. I like character on my boxes but appreciate the minty ones just as much.

PS, the dinner/dump analogy is spot on! lol
Yep, that's how to do it....

I still love my radio's....so no parting with them right now!

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Let's face it, for a collector, selling boxes sucks! I just sold 3 of my much loved boxes - some of the money went to parts for a DIY project but 70% of it went into General Household Revenue - (to pay bills) :-(

Like most here, I'm here for the collecting and social side of this hobby, not for making money. But with a growing family living in an expensive country, sometimes the collection has to suffer to help makes ends meet.

James.... :-)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
It's been an entire year already!!!??

Lets celebrate with more pictures!

DSC_0107.JPG
DSC_0108.JPG
DSC_0109.JPG
DSC_0110.JPG
DSC_0111.JPG