3D Printed 935 EQ Knobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

=ml=

Member (SA)
Jan 10, 2011
E-Rock (Eagle Rock, L.A.)
Took the 935 with freshly printed knobs to the Hometown HiFi show today. If you're in Los Angeles anytime before April 24 definitely check it out. :yes:

L1120276.jpg
Hi-Fi two ways (Lasonic and King Tubby's)

L1120280.jpg
The 935 in front of the Dub Siren stack (Dub Siren is my favorite iPhone app and the posse recently mounted up a sound system)

L1120287.jpg
Fresh! :thumbsup:

A set of ten knobs is $20 + shipping (I'll also trade a set for a 935 tape counter/reset mechanism).

Go!

=ml=

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
=ml= said:
Took the 935 with freshly printed knobs to the Hometown HiFi show today. If you're in Los Angeles anytime before April 24 definitely check it out. :yes:

L1120276.jpg
Hi-Fi two ways (Lasonic and King Tubby's)

L1120280.jpg
The 935 in front of the Dub Siren stack (Dub Siren is my favorite iPhone app and the posse recently mounted up a sound system)

L1120287.jpg
Fresh! :thumbsup:

A set of ten knobs is $20 + shipping (I'll also trade a set for a 935 tape counter/reset mechanism).

Go!

=ml=
Those 935 sliders look amazing!

That is a damn fair price for an other wise impossible part to find!

Nice work Miles!

=ml=

Member (SA)
Jan 10, 2011
Thanks Chris! :yes:

After quite a few attempts, I got the right look and fit:

lasonic-935-3d-printed-eq-knobs-fails.jpg

lasonic-935-3d-printed-eq-knobs-replicator2.jpg

I'm putting some sets in the mail tomorrow, so next week there should be some well-dressed 935s out there! ;-) :thumbsup:

Go!

=ml=

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Amazing.....Missing slider's have been the achilles heel for the 935. The clear ones are only used on this one radio and 9 out of 10 times there is one or more missing.

Just amazing :yes:

Miles = :hooray:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Not only are these LED eq slider caps fantastic on the 935 (thanks Miles), but they also fit the Helix Wheely and all of the AKA's!!!!!!!

If your wheely is missing these caps, get a set now before they are gone!

Thanks a lot bud, fantastic parts. I can't believe how well the caps "snug-fit" on the sliders. All 10 were perfect.

I bought my 2nd Lasonic TRC-935 just because it had all the slider caps. This seller decided to put cardboard right on the EQ sliders instead of padding. Well the box took a few good hits in shipping and the cardboard was stronger than the slider caps...... this is what I ended up with:

PICT0014.JPG
PICT0015.JPG
PICT0016.JPG
PICT0017.JPG

I have searched HOURS on ebay and emailed DOZENS of ebay sellers that have component EQs with LED slider pots asking them to pull a cap off the eq sliders and measure the slot in the back of the cap.....

Slot dimensions:
2mm x 6mm
1/4" x 1/16"+
approx 6mm / 1/4" deep

Cap dims:
12mm x 7mm x 4mm thick

Its a tough part to come across.

There are also guys upgrading the LEDs in pots like ours:

=ml=

Member (SA)
Jan 10, 2011
blu_fuz said:
Not only are these LED eq slider caps fantastic on the 935 (thanks Miles), but they also fit the Helix Wheely and all of the AKA's!!!!!!!

If your wheely is missing these caps, get a set now before they are gone!

Thanks a lot bud, fantastic parts. I can't believe how well the caps "snug-fit" on the sliders. All 10 were perfect.

I bought my 2nd Lasonic TRC-935 just because it had all the slider caps. This seller decided to put cardboard right on the EQ sliders instead of padding. Well the box took a few good hits in shipping and the cardboard was stronger than the slider caps...... this is what I ended up with:

PICT0014.JPG
PICT0015.JPG
PICT0016.JPG
PICT0017.JPG

I have searched HOURS on ebay and emailed DOZENS of ebay sellers that have component EQs with LED slider pots asking them to pull a cap off the eq sliders and measure the slot in the back of the cap.....
Slot dimensions:
2mm x 6mm
1/4" x 1/16"+
approx 6mm / 1/4" deep
Cap dims:
12mm x 7mm x 4mm thick

Its a tough part to come across.

There are also guys upgrading the LEDs in pots like ours:

Thanks Joe! I've always been impressed with your straps so it's quite a compliment coming from you. :yes:

Do you have pix of the knobs on your 935 and/or Helix Wheely? :hmmm:

Go!

=ml=

Status
Not open for further replies.