24 Hours with Samovar in Naples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
What a great story!

Chris I myself have met Samovar in Toronto and spent some time talking the boombox language and I can confirm he's one of the best gents you could meet. His ever sweeping boombox gaze found a beautiful Sony CFS-45 which he so kindly donated to me...asi if to say "If I can find them this easily, what's your excuse!" LOL

Once again, anyone who has the chance to meet Sal.....do so. It's time WELL spent! Next on my boombox bucket list ...Chris!

Great photostory lads..

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Brutus442 said:
What a great story!

Chris I myself have met Samovar in Toronto and spent some time talking the boombox language and I can confirm he's one of the best gents you could meet. His ever sweeping boombox gaze found a beautiful Sony CFS-45 which he so kindly donated to me...asi if to say "If I can find them this easily, what's your excuse!" LOL

Once again, anyone who has the chance to meet Sal.....do so. It's time WELL spent! Next on my boombox bucket list ...Chris!

Great photostory lads..
Hi Brutus, YES, we spoke of the time you two met. Glad you posted. Yes, Sal is extremely knowledgeable on boomboxes (and most things). I thought I might have a few items he hadn't seen (at least in person) but he was well versed in just about everything.

It just boggles the mind, that a man on an island can find it all locally when I couldn't find shait in Los Angeles :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even though I have met many collectors, listened to many radio's, spending time with on this forum chatting, it would be hard to say I have met many others who know about more models, details and features. Certainly one of the TOP collectors. A real 1%'er. :hooray:

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Its so nice to see "The Adventures of Chris" here on the forum and via the Whats app. I had no idea you'd get to meet so many outstanding people when you moved to Italy. What a wild ride its been for you man, very very cool.

One things for sure, you are missed here in California by all of us here on the West Coast.

Keep on havin a blast brother!

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
What a great story!

Great photostory lads..
Hi Brutus, YES, we spoke of the time you two met. Glad you posted. Yes, Sal is extremely knowledgeable on boomboxes (and most things). I thought I might have a few items he hadn't seen (at least in person) but he was well versed in just about everything.

It just boggles the mind, that a man on an island can find it all locally when I couldn't find shait in Los Angeles :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even though I have met many collectors, listened to many radio's, spending time with on this forum chatting, it would be hard to say I have met many others who know about more models, details and features. Certainly one of the TOP collectors. A real 1%'er. :hooray:
It's certainly a great international community we share and the proof is in these posts.

Sal's knowledge (as I'm sure your is as well Chris) of boomboxes is nothing short of incredible! I thouroughly enjoyed our meetings as it seems you did. These threads are the BEST aspect of our hobby by far.

The human side of the boombox is more enthralling one

Cheers gents!

Status
Not open for further replies.