2010 Meet - Blaster Competition rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi-a far as cassettes are concerned,everyone shpuld have their tracks ready when they come up to compete.As far as rewinding & FF there will surely be a few others that can do this job!
After all most of us bring more than 1 boomer so all of your competition songs should be lined up before you step up to bat if you know what I mean.
I like the ideas,we have to have at leas 3 or 4 classes-small,intermediate,larger and massives and of course the 1 or 3 piece models.
All good suggestions.
Have a great one-GB. :agree: :-) :yes:

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
If we use cassettes they will be specially prepared ahead of time, that way each box is tested playing the same tapes. If we each have our own tapes we have no control over the quality or sound levels. I think whether or not we use a tape orr CD that they should be played on a home deck and fed into each box thru the line in's that way each box gets the same exact signal. And if we do use a CD it will be easier to go back to the beginning of a particular track

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
I missed out on a $23 distribution amplifier last night on ebay... it was for video, but had stereo ins & outs, so it totally would have worked. It would have enabled 16 blasters to get the same source signal at once. To be honest, I held off because part of me is thinking that using a line-in is somewhat akin to cheating.

The more I think about it, the more I say it should be tape deck vs. tape deck. Plugging it into the wall is cheating enough... A diehard battle would be like the blaster battle on "do the right thing." This is kinda how it would happen where I grew up... but we didn't use the radio, we used tapes. See the first 90 secs of this URL for a refresher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KaCtEJ ... re=related

I can make as many identical tapes as we need to do this. And I mean identical! I would master to CD or HiFi VHS, then copy the original to the same type of cassette, recorded at the same levels and on the same tape deck as many times as needed.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
jaetee said:
I missed out on a $23 distribution amplifier last night on ebay... it was for video, but had stereo ins & outs, so it totally would have worked. It would have enabled 16 blasters to get the same source signal at once. To be honest, I held off because part of me is thinking that using a line-in is somewhat akin to cheating.

The more I think about it, the more I say it should be tape deck vs. tape deck. Plugging it into the wall is cheating enough... A diehard battle would be like the blaster battle on "do the right thing." This is kinda how it would happen where I grew up... but we didn't use the radio, we used tapes. See the first 90 secs of this URL for a refresher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KaCtEJ ... re=related

I can make as many identical tapes as we need to do this. And I mean identical! I would master to CD or HiFi VHS, then copy the original to the same type of cassette, recorded at the same levels and on the same tape deck as many times as needed.
Hi Jaetee-I agree with you on this.
I like the tape vs. tape.
Heck if we wanted to get picky we could even have some tapes witht the same saturation levels so it wouldn't be too overpowering on one vs. the other and also Metal tapes of course or a chrome level! of course also.
I think it gives us a more old school competition per say.
Line in is for cheating-levels can be altered and signals aren't always checked on all outputs.
I agree-a tape competition!!
Have a great one-GB. :agree: :-)

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
ahardb0dy said:
What ever the majority decides is fine with me
:agree:
planning to win a trophy in each and every category --anyway we do it !! :w00t:

tony --ramon and i will be there early - like 7 am on that sat - to help set up --

and / or --if you guys decide to make it a 2 day 'convention' -
thats even better --

its more time for boxes and ALOT more time to just enjoy our friends

Status
Not open for further replies.