2003 large 3 piece units- Where do they stand in performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
They are ugly but they will shake the walls. The sound quality of these jvc's is fukin awesome.

Those tweeters look like the granade launchers on airwolf lol.

panabox1

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2010
JVC Floyd said:
They are ugly but they will shake the walls. The sound quality of these jvc's is fukin awesome.Those tweeters look like the granade launchers on airwolf lol.
Naw, they were seriously lacking in subbass. It rolled off rather early in the bass range.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
All these are lacking in sub bass, compared to the 2 15 inch kickers in my jeep lol. I mean you can only expect so much from a shelf system. When I listen to a boombox or shelf stereo they all sound like **** compared to having to your teeth flossed with some bad ass old skool kickers. Yeah I'm always let down when the sub bass rolls off on a tiny ass 6 1/2 inch sub lol.

panabox1

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2010
JVC Floyd said:
All these are lacking in sub bass, compared to the 2 15 inch kickers in my jeep lol. I mean you can only expect so much from a shelf system. When I listen to a boombox or shelf stereo they all sound like shiat compared to having to your teeth flossed with some bad ass old skool kickers. Yeah I'm always let down when the sub bass rolls off on a tiny ass 6 1/2 inch sub lol.
I replaced it with a kenwood mini system and by comparison, it dominated the jvc in sub bass so it's definitely not asking too much. Many aiwa mini systems could do this too. But this jvc was a disappointment in that regard.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I got both mine free one was still in the box even though I used the card board from the box to lay on while I work on vehicles lol.

I think you have to endure a lot of ugly and expense to own these jvcs I mean if they weren't free I sure as hell would not buy one .

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
JVC Floyd said:
I got both mine free one was still in the box even though I used the card board from the box to lay on while I work on vehicles lol.

I think you have to endure a lot of ugly and expense to own these jvcs I mean if they weren't free I sure as hell would not buy one .
Hey Floyd,do like Ira did for the Cobra 707 make another box to go over it and make it look black!😊😎📻📻

Status
Not open for further replies.