A "Lower Level" For A QT-Series Sharp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PostEnder

Member (SA)
Nov 21, 2012
Southeastern U.S.A.
Hello, people. Perhaps I should send the eBay seller a message, but let me also ask the experts here on BoomBoxery. What does it mean to be "in the lower level" when one is testing the FM tuner of a Sharp mini-box? The seller stated in part:

The AM band works extra clear. The FM band works also but may need adjustment. I was in the lower level when I tried it.

What sort of adjustment might a QT-series Sharp mini-box need for its working FM tuner?

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
This is just a guess on my part, but I imagine that the seller tested the QT while in the basement of a home.

However, I wouldn't worry as much about the description as I would about the $135 USD asking price. There are much cheaper QTs to be found with much less ambiguity regarding their condition.

PostEnder

Member (SA)
Nov 21, 2012
Southeastern U.S.A.
Thanks to Fatdog for the prompt reply. It’s a fair reminder about eBay listings of more affordable (vintage) Sharp mini-boxes with clearer item descriptions. (A bit daunting that the admin’ would quickly locate the unit in question on eBay. I mean, did I divulge that much information about it? :huh: )

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
PostEnder said:
...(A bit daunting that the admin’ would quickly locate the unit in question on eBay. I mean, did I divulge that much information about it? :huh: )
:angelic:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
PostEnder said:
Thanks to Fatdog for the prompt reply. It’s a fair reminder about eBay listings of more affordable (vintage) Sharp mini-boxes with clearer item descriptions. (A bit daunting that the admin’ would quickly locate the unit in question on eBay. I mean, did I divulge that much information about it? :huh: )
He probably searched "QT Sharp lower level" and checked "search both title and description"

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Dang it, Reli. You couldn't let me leave him mystified? :-P :thumbsdown: :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.