• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 PostEnder

PostEnder
  • Members (SA)
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

Hello, people. Perhaps I should send the eBay seller a message, but let me also ask the experts here on Boomboxery. What does it mean to be "in the lower level" when one is testing the FM tuner of a Sharp mini-box? The seller stated in part:

The AM  band works extra clear.  The FM band works also but may need adjustment.  I was in the lower level when I tried it.

What sort of adjustment might a QT-series Sharp mini-box need for its working FM tuner?

#2 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:33 PM

This is just a guess on my part, but I imagine that the seller tested the QT while in the basement of a home.

However, I wouldn't worry as much about the description as I would about the $135 USD asking price.  There are much cheaper QTs to be found with much less ambiguity regarding their condition.

#3 PostEnder

PostEnder
  • Members (SA)
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern U.S.A.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:02 PM

Thanks to Fatdog for the prompt reply. It’s a fair reminder about eBay listings of more affordable (vintage) Sharp mini-boxes with clearer item descriptions. (A bit daunting that the admin’ would quickly locate the unit in question on eBay. I mean, did I divulge that much information about it? :huh: )

#4 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,806 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:57 PM

...(A bit daunting that the admin’ would quickly locate the unit in question on eBay. I mean, did I divulge that much information about it? :huh: )

:angelic:

#5 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:14 AM

Not this guy again. :lol:

#6 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:44 AM

Thanks to Fatdog for the prompt reply. It’s a fair reminder about eBay listings of more affordable (vintage) Sharp mini-boxes with clearer item descriptions. (A bit daunting that the admin’ would quickly locate the unit in question on eBay. I mean, did I divulge that much information about it? :huh: )

He probably searched "QT Sharp lower level" and checked "search both title and description"

#7 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,806 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:56 AM

Dang it, Reli.  You couldn't let me leave him mystified?  :-P :thumbsdown: :-P

#8 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

:lol: 

#9 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:40 AM

Funny as firk!  I was going to ask for the model number but then almost kicked myself with embarrassment when I read the common sense in the thread!  :blush:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FM, QT-series, Tuner