C100 belt routing help please :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Been on a blitz sorting a number of boxes. Finally cracked open my Helix C100 to service it, both decks need rebelting. Got as far as dismantling and cleaning the deck ready for belts before quitting for the day. Gonna carry on tomorrow and thought I’d just double check the routing.

When the back goes back on the motor spindle is about where the red cross is.

The flat belt is obvious, but the square slightly less so...anyone wanna give me a clue :-)

846987BB-CCA9-40FD-AFD2-1A730A17F7EF.jpeg

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
That's correct. As it sits in the picture, the flywheel will lift straight off the deck with the back off if you want to see the lower pulley for the smaller belt. Just don't lose the spring or plastic gear underneath. You will then see the small inner pulley for the SBS8.9 belt under the flywheel. It then loops around the outside of the other two pulleys. If reverse rewind seems a bit slow on larger tapes another member noted that swapping the SBS8.9 for a SBS9.2 helped with this.

The hard part for me was getting the flat belt FMB9.6 to stay on the flywheel while positioning the rear cover onto the deck while also making sure the solenoid action lined up with the lever it works. You almost need 3 hands...lol

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
That’s great, thanks guys. I’d rather put it in right first time than experiment unecessarily. I’ll check out the belt sizes I have...I’ve just picked up some new old stocks from a hifi shop so have nearly 350 belts to chose from. On top of the 100+ I already had lol :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.