JVC PC-X1000 Need help with disassembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvirgen

Member (SA)
Jul 29, 2017
Just got a lightly used JVC PC-X1000 with bad static on one channel (same through headphone jack) other than that looks awesome and everything works. Trying to get the back off to inspect and clean, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it apart. Looking for some guidance or pics on how the back removes. Don't want to break, this is way too nice.

hvirgen

Member (SA)
Jul 29, 2017
Thanks MyOhMy, I will work on an introduction. Just after I posted, I gave it another go and was able to remove the back panel. Now I will give everything a good cleaning and see if I can find a root cause to the static in one channel.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
hvirgen said:
Thanks MyOhMy, I will work on an introduction. Just after I posted, I gave it another go and was able to remove the back panel. Now I will give everything a good cleaning and see if I can find a root cause to the static in one channel.
Well done so far, don't forget to take all the photographs you'll need to put it back together if this is something new for you.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
just flood the volume pot with serviceol this should solve you're issue, don't see the need to take her to bits..let her dry before turning back on...move the volume slider 50 times quickly before it dries

Status
Not open for further replies.