The Boomboxery travelling tape 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
It has been a while since we sent those tapes around and raced against each other in teams trying to fill some blank cassettes with songs recorded on boomboxes all over the world. :-)

However, I think it would be cool to do that again :thumbsup: .

I would volunteer to donate the tapes :yes: .
Now, let's get a list together and I will mail them off with the first songs recorded :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let's do it again! :-D :-D

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
I'm not sure anyone will want me on their team after last times debacle :'-( :thumbsdown:

BUT....Since the EVH M70's deck has been totally rebuilt...it would be great to do some TAPEN' :-D

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Great Idea Max! I'm definitely in!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Traveling Tape projects typically work like this....

Participant #1 starts the project and records "x" minutes of music onto a cassette (using boomboxes only) then sends the tape to paricipant #2, who then sends it to participant #3, and so on...

The final participant then mails the tape(s) back to the originator who supplied the tapes and started the project.

The amount of time for each particpant to record is usually determined by the # participants divided into the amount of recording time.

And while it's not "mandatory" participants typically log info about what tape deck (in this case, boombox) was used to make their recording, as well as the name/artist/album of the songs they added, and what the music source was (LP, CD, tuner/radio, tape, whatever...)

Traveling tape projects are not for the impatient, and participants should be the type of people who do what they say they're gonna do. If you don't have good follow-through skills, can't afford the postage, or know you're going to be traveling for an exteneded period of time, you probably shouldn't participate...

I originally presented the idea here after participating in several fun TT projects with tapeheads.net forum members. We ended up with so many participants that we ended up doing two sets of two tapes. So, one batch left my house heading east, the other one heading west. Knowing how long TT's can take, I turned it into a meaningless (but fun) race that saw both sets of tapes hitting multiple continents en route around the world, with a travel itinerary that would make most of us jealous.

All in all, I think it took three or four months before the tapes were all back to me. The whole thing played out in a thread over the span of tht time and the tapes and gifts that people added along the way are now TREASURED possessions of mine!

Thanks again to all who participated last time around, and an extra-special thanks to Max for kick starting round two!

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Oh, and as for the whole "team" thing... Let's first see how many sign up, it may not be necessary to send out more than one batch.

So far the participant list is:

mmcodomino (Berlin, Germany)
Lasonic TRC-920 (Olaj, California)
fresh produce (also in California)
JaeTee (Tampa, FL)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI

JaeTee (Tampa, FL)
blu_fuz (Fox Lake, Wisconsin, USA)

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida

JaeTee (Tampa, FL)
baddboybill ( Reddick, Illinois , USA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
baddboybill said:
So Max how long before this starts???

Let's keep the list open for a little longer :yes: .
I would suggest to start and send off the tape(s) on 7th July :yes:

It would be cool to have two teams again but it seems it is going to be one long list only :yes:

This is going to be FUN! :-D

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
mmcodomino said:
baddboybill said:
So Max how long before this starts???

Let's keep the list open for a little longer :yes: .
I would suggest to start and send off the tape(s) on 7th July :yes:

It would be cool to have two teams again but it seems it is going to be one long list only :yes:

This is going to be FUN! :-D
Cool man....if I have my VZ up and running I may do some vinyl to tape recording!

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Here is the full participant list so far...
(serves as a good bump)

• mmcodomino (Berlin, Germany)
    JaeTee (Tampa, FL)
    baddboybill ( Reddick, Illinois , USA)
    Radio Raheem (Germany)
    Glucifer (Australia)
    Chevyman-uy (Spain)

Status
Not open for further replies.