getting a lasonic i931

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
hy guys ,my sister bought me an i931 for my birthday it will be here in a few days she could not get it in time but its on they way ,so now we can see what can be done to improve the sound if its as bad as ive heard ,i wanted one only because you never know when they will stop making them so why not lol .

Patron

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Los Angeles CA.
jvc floyd, i see them often here when i go to fry's, dont expect nothing great , they look very cheap made, but maybe you could do somthing to improve it.

let us know :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
May 6, 2009
Illadelph, East Coast
twitter.com
It is cheaply made, but as I've said countless times on s2go, the i931 can sound pretty good if you know what you're doin'. ;-) I don't own mine anymore, but what I used to do is set my iPod EQ to "Treble Booster" and also set the i931's EQ to "Loudness". One of the first things you're gonna notice is how hollow the bass is... You might wanna trim down the woofer baffles in order to bet better bass.

Congratulations! :cool:

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
I bought one for vacations and camping, if its gets busted....booo.... If one in my collection got dropped and busted.... I might need some medicine :-D

I think they sound pretty good, and who can argue with the flexibility? USB, SD, MP3, IPOD!

You'll like it. ;-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
i am actually pretty stoked about getting the lasonic ,everybody knows i have no problem tearing and cutting things apart in the name of better sound i think mono is right about the baffles needing to be removed so that will be first on the cut list lol ,all in all it will be cool just having a brand new boombox after so many years this time i am saving the packaging even tho i will be operating on almost the second i get it so screw the warranty lol.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Be sure and let us know what you think about it. I'm still debating myself on getting one.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Congratulations JVC Floyd, if anyone can make it a powerhouse it's your good self.

After Mono's findings and improvements I've been considering whether I should get one too...
The logistics of getting one in .au is a big issue of course, so importing would be the only option, if they
were available locally I'd have bought one asap though. But i do have the ipod nano it was designed
for and it sits around doing bugger all currently..

Would look pretty rockin in an i931...
I guess I'll just wait and see what opportunities arise.

Rock On.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
as soon as i get it in my hands i'll take some pics and giver her a good testing before and after the mods with several audio sources and an external eq to boost the line in signal to see how good it could sound if it had a real eq basically whatever it takes to guage the potential sound that can be realistcally achieved .

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
Gluecifer said:
Congratulations JVC Floyd, if anyone can make it a powerhouse it's your good self.

After Mono's findings and improvements I've been considering whether I should get one too...
The logistics of getting one in .au is a big issue of course, so importing would be the only option, if they
were available locally I'd have bought one asap though. But i do have the ipod nano it was designed
for and it sits around doing bugger all currently..

Would look pretty rockin in an i931...
I guess I'll just wait and see what opportunities arise.

Rock On.

nice art work there!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
i finally got the i931 today , i did open the package the box looks pretty bad ass i will give her a good sound check and report back later on this evening ,also the one i got is the gloss black not that damn dull looking flat one.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
yes i have cranked it up

basically it is kinda bass shy but not all that bad ,i think if the cabinet were vented more it could breathe batter it has plenty of bass power and volume just the bass is trapped in those tiny cabinets , i mean i cranked her up and it thumped pretty darn good and i know it can be modified to sound even better like i said volume is plentiful and the bass power is there just needs a little tweaking to thump great .the cabinet is very solid on this box but the knobs and buttons are scary cheap.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
you know i have to say the box does thump pretty damn good the bass is only shy when down low but the more you crank the box the more bass hits, gets distorted a bit but still i think if the cabinet were vented better this box could really be a heavy hitter volume wise i mean for under 200 bucks delivered its hard to go wrong with the i 931.

Status
Not open for further replies.