packing for 3 piece boxes ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
in the cases where the speakers have very solid locking attachments to the center section --
do you guys STILL suggest that each piece be wrapped separately ???

if the box is shipped --all assembled as ONE unit -
it makes for a smaller carton -
which is then more $$ efficient to DOUBLE BOX

opinions ???
thanks

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
As the resident component box guy...seperate the pieces. If it is a unit with seperate reciever and deck, you can ship the center sections together as long as the end plates are firmly bolted/screwed on. Speakers always get wrapped individually.

Set the speakers evenly with the center sections, one at front and back. This protects the face and rear of the main section and the steel plates (if it has them) protects the sides. NEVER STACK SPEAKERS ON MAIN UNITS OR VICE VERSA ALWAYS SIDE BY SIDE. :no:

PC-55 I sent to HiFiTom before I boxed it below...

:-D

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
i would say if its a heavy component type box pack the sections seperatley ,if its just an average box thats not overly heavy then all assembled works great just double box and you should be fine.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
i forget --have not had a 480 for 3 weeks :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :-)

does that model have a very positive //secure locking mechanisn ?

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
MasterBlaster84 said:
oldskool69 said:
redbenjoe said:
i forget --have not had a 480 for 3 weeks :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :-)

does that model have a very positive //secure locking mechanisn ?
NO. Only if your carrying it. :-)
Is the 480 one of the models where the locks are only engaged if the handle is up? I don't like that design. :no:
No it has a clip in the back. I was referring to shipping it that way. :-)

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
I had a Sanyo C40 where the handle locked the speakers in place when it was up so if you placed the C40 on an uneven surface everything came apart even if you didn't want it to, I found that very annoying.

Sounds like the Fisher 460 and 480 use the same locking system.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
MasterBlaster84 said:
I had a Sanyo C40 where the handle locked the speakers in place when it was up so if you placed the C40 on an uneven surface everything came apart even if you didn't want it to, I found that very annoying.

Sounds like the Fisher 460 and 480 use the same locking system.
The fidher 480 has a shite locking system it's fine if your carrying the box but if you listen to it on your lap because the locks for the speakers are at the bottom of the box, sometimes the speakers fall of grrrrr, i have cured mine though with the help a araldite i glued the speakers on perminently it was pissing me of the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.