MASSIVE Reel Cassette Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
Down here, people as like some $100 for a Large used reel... ..stupid prices...

Nice score bro... ...my three ones are gifts from Fatdog and Kenpat!!

Cheers.

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Nice looking tapes man, I only have one "reel" cassette and it's one of these crappy Eagle ones that may as well have been loaded with hairy string as even that couldn't sound as bad as the tape that is inside it!

What's the box in your first picture there? I rather like the look of that one. :thumbsup:

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
I guess i better come clean. These are kinda home made.

Beosystem10 said:
Nice looking tapes man, I only have one "reel" cassette and it's one of these crappy Eagle ones that may as well have been loaded with hairy string as even that couldn't sound as bad as the tape that is inside it!

What's the box in your first picture there? I rather like the look of that one. :thumbsup:
Yep, these are Eagles, and a pack of metallic pens.
I dont know what they sound like, most my decks dont work anyway :lol:

THAFUZZ said:
Nice! Trade You a lavender & a Yellow one for Your Blue ones. Or 2 yellows, or 2 greens for the Blues.
Adam, thanks for the offer but as i say, these are not quite as they seem :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Ha ha sneaky!...I like it! I got a load of those a good while ago, only coloured one of them tho...removed the tape and just spray painted the reels...looks pretty good and it's not like the tape is any good anyway.

Nice work! :-)

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
Northerner said:
Ha ha sneaky!...I like it! I got a load of those a good while ago, only coloured one of them tho...removed the tape and just spray painted the reels...looks pretty good and it's not like the tape is any good anyway.

Nice work! :-)
Thanks Si, ive only done 1 side on each tape at the moment so i can still swap them all around to plain white if want to.
I do have some plans to colour some more with more elaborate designs, i would like to try a spiral design.

Beosystem10 said:
Its a Sound 4010, guite a good sounding mid-size box about the size of a gf9191.
I love the chunky toggle switches and double red leds, but i quite dilsike the waffle grills :-/

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Hahahahaha, sneaky is right! I have a 10 pack of Eagles already. Just didn't open them up to change the colors. I would use a reflective/mirror vinyl instead of paint.

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
blu_fuz said:
Hahahahaha, sneaky is right! I have a 10 pack of Eagles already. Just didn't open them up to change the colors. I would use a reflective/mirror vinyl instead of paint.
Blu you are dead right. My first attempt was coloured sticky vinyl.
I used an actual reel to draw out the right size circle, inner circle and 3 triangle cut outs but i just didnt have a steady enough hand, good enough close eyesight or decent sharp cutting tool to do a good job.

I may give it another go if get some new scapels and a pair of glasses :-D

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Put the vinyl right on the reel, then run the edge of the blade along the reel edges to cut the vinyl. Should go pretty smooth if you have an exact-o knife. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.