Yet another joker severa66

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Ok I’ve sold on eBay for years with no real problems but now I’ve had three in the last few weeks!
Sold a modern Lasonic to someone who, whilst it was in transit bombarded me with messages about other radios. He wanted me to sell him a radio I told him wasn’t for sale but went on and on about it.
I linked him to another for sale out of kindness and he then wanted me to buy that one, fix it, then sell it to him. Again going on and on about it.
He’s now received the Lasonic and says it’s faulty. But won’t send me any proof of this at all.
Offered that he could keep it and have a full refund as long as he made it unsaleable...he won’t.
I suspect he’s simply changed his mind (they are cheaply made crap after all).
Now he’s getting insulting and throwing a tantrum.
So I’ve offered a full and instant refund with either proof of the fault or the box rendered unsaleable but he doesn’t want that. Suggested if he really wants to send it back then he can do so at his expense and wait the couple of weeks it takes to come back to the UK from Italy for his refund. I guess he won’t like that either.
So if you don’t want to deal with this absolute lunatic then I suggest people block him from bidding in the future as I have.
Any more of these and I’m stopping restoring and selling

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I wouldn't sell on ebay if you paid me Si....i feel you're pain lad.....sell some radios on here. you may have better luck bro

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I sold an expensive walkman on ebay a few years ago (sony dd9) lost £500, the prick kept my money and the walkman lad....i would rather smash the stuff up than go through the drama of ebey mate

Last edited:
Reactions: Brutus442

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
You'd think that over the years of constant complaints, Ebay would put into place a better, progressively adjustable system of limiting these shenanigans. Ebay tends to rest on it's antiquated ways of resolution.

Thanks for the heads up on this character Si. Another monkey banned from the zoo

Reactions: Northerner

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
Τοο many of them on ebay. They are bombarding you with questions and they are
really time wasters. If some potential buyer is starting this kind of game i simply ignore him from the start.
Had a similar case a few years ago and the buyer kept the goods
he did get a refund , didnt prove the goods were damaged and i was left paying the fees on top of that.
It wasnt a boombox though.
Thanks for the info Northerner and wishes for getting out of trouble with this guy soon.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Ive raised it with eBay. They’re on my side and have told him he has to provide proof of the fault/damage in the next 5 days otherwise they’ll close the matter. Pretty impressed with eBay tbh didn’t expect any back up but they seem to be doing it!

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Oh and he’s gonna be so pissed as his main excuse for not sending proof was that you can’t send a video in eBay messages...they’re sending him a link to allow him to do it

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
You'd think that over the years of constant complaints, Ebay would put into place a better, progressively adjustable system of limiting these shenanigans. Ebay tends to rest on it's antiquated ways of resolution.

Thanks for the heads up on this character Si. Another monkey banned from the zoo
unfortunately i don't think eBay can do anything against dishonest people my friend, this is why i have never wanted to be a moderator , sometimes you just never know who is telling the truth lad

jerrymilton

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2019
Austin, TX
Not to mention it is super easy just to upload a HD video on Youtube (set to "not listed") and send a link via eBay. Sounds like the dude is just yanking your chain.

Ive raised it with eBay. They’re on my side and have told him he has to provide proof of the fault/damage in the next 5 days otherwise they’ll close the matter. Pretty impressed with eBay tbh didn’t expect any back up but they seem to be doing it!
[/QUOTE

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Not to mention it is super easy just to upload a HD video on Youtube (set to "not listed") and send a link via eBay. Sounds like the dude is just yanking your chain.
Yeh he’s totally taking the piss.
Gave him a refund just to get rid of him, I don’t need the money, the box, or the hassle.
His response was more insults lol...he’s clearly unhinged lol

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Sorry to read this Si, one of the many reasons i will never sell on ebay....also the junk i have had off there, i leave a positive very often just to keep the peace lad

Reactions: Northerner

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
To be fair I’ve sold a lot with no problems but I guess you’re gonna hit some psycho every now and again just based on averages. What annoyed me was that there was absolutely no need to be a dick about it...I was polite and helpful throughout. He was still bitching like a nutter when he had the box and the money. Some people are never happy lol

Reactions: Radio raheem