VHE610G Hall Sensor

reinforce

Feb 27, 2022
Austria
Hi everyone.
I am having auto stop problem with this JVC M90 deck. The hall effect sensor VHE610G seems defective.
Googling on the internet does not yield any result for this sensor. Need help with an alternative part or solution.
Thank you

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I'm curious what led you to conclude that it seems defective.
Just to confirm, you have the counter belt installed, so that the magnet it depends on is spinning?
Did you check the pins of the sensor to check for a voltage, when the magnet is spinning?

If you later determine that it's actually okay, you might want to check the rest of the auto-stop circuit (Q703, IC705, and associated carbon-printed resistors)

reinforce

Feb 27, 2022
Austria
I'm curious what led you to conclude that it seems defective.
Just to confirm, you have the counter belt installed, so that the magnet it depends on is spinning?
Did you check the pins of the sensor to check for a voltage, when the magnet is spinning?

If you later determine that it's actually okay, you might want to check the rest of the auto-stop circuit (Q703, IC705, and associated carbon-printed resistors)
Thank you for your speedy response.
Components and voltages on or around Q703 and IC 705 are ok.
The unit plays normally after disconnecting the hall sensor wiring D2 and D3. Otherwise, it plays for roughly 2 or 3 seconds only.
To further pinpoint the damage, the pins on the VHE610G are all shorted.

I am hoping to find a substitute to fix this problem.

reinforce

Feb 27, 2022
Austria
This component is obsolete, I doubt you’ll be able to find the exact OEM part new or used. I suspect any Hall effect sensor would work, it’s certainly worth a try. You may have to experiment with several devices to locate one that works in this application.
Yea, I doubt too. Not even a used part is available right now.
Well, i have some hall sensors in stock - unipolar, bipolar, open collector etc. Probably, need to modify a little circuit to test out.
Btw thanks for your suggestion.

reinforce

Feb 27, 2022
Austria
Just to update what I have tried. Played around a hall sensor TLE4905 with a small circuit. It works but not always.
Probably, it depends on the pole postion of the magnetic wheel when it stops spinning.
Anyone has a better solution?