Two of the boomboxes i found in my mums loft

Steph

Jun 7, 2022
UK
Two of the three boomboxes i found in my mum's loft whilst we were having a bit of a clear out and tidy up.
The third one which is a Ferguson has been taken away by my friends husband to take a look at as it's in a poor state and not working.
Will take a picture of it if it doesn't end up in the rubbish.

Attachments

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i have the single deck of that black one with better speakers installed, sounds way better than the over rated m70 just not as loud congrats

Last edited:

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
I have a couple like the Panasonic in my stash, RX-FT500 iirc, it's one I had as a kid and lent out to a 'mate, but never got it back. Found one on eBay cheap so at least that's replaced! Also have the newer version which I think is a RX-FT510 with the bass boost. I used to take mine with me everywhere, loved the sound they produced. Also had it hooked up to my Amiga in my bedroom as my brother's Sharp unit didn't have line inputs!

I like the design of that Akai unit too!

Reactions: Radio raheem

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
had all the amigas, great times, have a ps5 now, with one of these you don't need a high end pc anymore, infact i gave my pc away and i'm just using an 18" laptop now, it's a struggle to see the screen but i'm saving a huge amount of electric now

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
My Amiga stash is as follows:

Amiga 500
Amiga 500 Plus
Amiga 600 X3 (X1 with a HD)
Amiga 1200 (x1 ESCOM variant with accelerator card)
CD32

I have around 150(ish) consoles/computers in my collection, including a PS5 which I love! Always been a fan of the Playstation since day 1 tho tbhf!

Reactions: Brutus442

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
That is incredible son, i have had most of the consoles computers but never kept them lol

the first ps1 i ever saw was in france i think we in the uk were the last to get it

150 consoles computers tho never heard anything like it lol hats off to you buddy :cool:

i used to spend most of my money building computers with 4 graphics cards installed

but it's not needed anymore imho...the only consoles that suck are nintendo imho

they have not made a decent console since the game cube lol

Last edited: