The Facts Of Life!!

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Just so you know,many many boomboxes here!!
Some special ones to!! My favorite being a very large one that Stacey Q had with her while she was singing!!
OMG she was so smoking hot on her first appearance-just crazy!! The Boombox was almost as big as she was!!
Many of the girls are so nice and yes I do know & communicate with a couple. from this show.
Cool show I think,so much 80’s it’s just great!!!

Reactions: samovar

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy

Toshiba RT-S892

A case could be made for the RT-S893. The main visible differences between the two models are the chrome finishes over the tweeters and the number of the "Metal" labels on the woofer grills. The former detail is beyond perception in a low quality video, but the latter is not. The 892 has only one Metal label on the lower right grill, the 893 has two, one on each grill. At 1:23-1:26 only the lower right label is visible.

Attachments

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA

Toshiba RT-S892

A case could be made for the RT-S893. The main visible differences between the two models are the chrome finishes over the tweeters and the number of the "Metal" labels on the woofer grills. The former detail is beyond perception in a low quality video, but the latter is not. The 892 has only one Metal label on the lower right grill, the 893 has two, one on each grill. At 1:23-1:26 only the lower right label is visible.
Thank you Samovar!! I personally love this performance!! Yes I may have exaggerated a little on the size but when she was carrying it ,was funny! Large for her size. I also like what’s she’s hardly wearing!!!

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
the nicest box toshiba has ever made jeff is the s90 good luck finding a working one though my friend.....good to see you back dude
Thank you Radioraheem! I appreciate that!
Yes. I was lucky enough to own the rare RT-S983 WX-1!! Now that thing I don’t think she could have carried!!! 42lbs. And I loved mine,hate hate that I had to sell it.
Yes another large Toshiba is needed in my future!!

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Yes I hear you,I used to carry around for a while my JVC PC-55JW and with the Duracells it is a heavy sucker!
Love the sound and clarity so I didn’t care!
Now that I’m older I carry more mid size boxes especially if it’s a longer hike!

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
The jvc pc 55 is one of my all time faves jeff.....i would probably chose one over the m90 lad

it's such a shame about the displays, the best feature on the 55
I'll argue that the cassette deck itself is the best feature on this model Reno. IMHO it's the best deck ever put into a portable radio. It's a home HI-FI deck wrapped in boombox clothing.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK

Toshiba RT-S892

the rings around the main drivers are also thicker on the Bombeat 18

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Yes Zi totally agree ,that’s why I bought one brand new in 85’ and still have it!
Plus 2 more!
I’m looking for a super nice tuner/amp section or maybe fix my one I have had a little buzzing thing going on that goes away after 10-15min.
Other 2 are great. Yes these PC 55’s are so nice! My one mint was had a perfect display!!

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
. Yes these PC 55’s are so nice! My one mint was had a perfect display!!
My black 550 has the original bulbs while my 55 I replaced about 5 years ago. Both displays are perfectly working, but after changing the bulb in the 55, I see how easy it is to damage the ribbon cable leading to the display. Not a safe space for porky fingers like mine!IMG_1737.JPG

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Thread stealer Geoff brings back great memories of when i had 4 pc55 and a 550

deliverance had my 550 but not sure where the others went lad. i have a pc55 left will have to dig her out some day.....one just sold cheap on our ebay but it had the usual display problems

the boombox i always wanted when i was a teen but could never afford, stunning boxes lad

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
My black 550 has the original bulbs while my 55 I replaced about 5 years ago. Both displays are perfectly working, but after changing the bulb in the 55, I see how easy it is to damage the ribbon cable leading to the display. Not a safe space for porky fingers like mine!View attachment 55561
These are great looking boxes.
I had both at one time now I have none that work. You will never see another boom box with a bigger transformer and power board.
These are massively power amplifier compared to a normal boom box .

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
My black 550 has the original bulbs while my 55 I replaced about 5 years ago. Both displays are perfectly working, but after changing the bulb in the 55, I see how easy it is to damage the ribbon cable leading to the display. Not a safe space for porky fingers like mine!View attachment 55561
Nice!! I almost bought the 550 new back in 85’ but decided silver was better for me at the time but yes it was a tough decision as the black was nice!

Reactions: Brutus442

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Toshiba RT-S892

Also one has a fine tuning knob and the other doesn't. The only reason they changed the grills was to make people think it was an entirely new box, when all they really did was add/remove the fine tuning knob