TDK 3Speakers BOOMBOX

RJA

Sep 5, 2023
france
good afternoon,
I have a little problem with my TDK boombox.
Right now i have an Iphone plugged in the USB, and without any reason the boombox will switch from USB to FM and I cant change it back = I have to shut down the unit and restart ?? And then sometime later might do it again.

Has someone experience something similar and if yes what can be done?

Thank you

RJA

Superduper

Member (SA)
I don't have one of these TDKs but I suspect that the connection is dropping out causing the boombox to think your iphone has been disconnected and so it switches to FM instead. Or maybe your iphone itself is going to sleep and turning off the audio which in turn causes the TDK to think the iphone is disconnected? You might try using a new cable and/or clean those USB connectors. Some other members have experience with this model and may offer some tips.

Unfortunately, most new(er) boomboxes rely on some software component which could brick a device. This is a shame because back in the day (for old folks), electronics were all discrete and all intelligent features were built using logic circuits without programming. If something failed and as long as parts were available, you could repair them. These days, electronics have become throwaways. Unfortunately, times are different.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
It doesn't solve your problem, but you can run your iphone audio into the RCA or 3.5mm input on the TDK. My DJ Tech boombox does something similar to your TDK like the system won't let it charge and play at the same time so it switches the boombox on/off/on/off/on/off and blows a capacitor on the board. I would try a different cord first like Norm said but if that doesn't work, only use the iphone into a different line input so you don't brick your TDK.