Sony DD center wheel repair with putty please

JensisWelt48

Member (SA)
Jan 21, 2022
Germany
What is this weird kind of repair what is this weird stuff that can replace missing teeth I've never seen that before...
Very interesting.... :blink:

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
Looks like just automotive body filler to me, I'm not sure how well it sticks to plastic.
If I ever did that, it would've probably fallen right off and ruined something else on the player that's unrepairable, but that's my luck.
It was probably just a quick fix to sell it to some unsuspecting buyer.

• Haha
Reactions: JensisWelt48

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Yeah, Nylon isn't repairable so I do understand his approach. The only other option is replacement.
But scavenging one is a waiting game with no guarantees, and trying to reverse engineer your own takes skills very few collectors have.
With those fine teeth, it would have to be made by a shop with higher-end printers and materials too

Last edited:
Reactions: JensisWelt48

JensisWelt48

Member (SA)
Jan 21, 2022
Germany
Looks like just automotive body filler to me, I'm not sure how well it sticks to plastic.
If I ever did that, it would've probably fallen right off and ruined something else on the player that's unrepairable, but that's my luck.
It was probably just a quick fix to sell it to some unsuspecting buyer.
clearly a lot of money for original packaged devices correctly :lol:

Reactions: Tinman

JensisWelt48

Member (SA)
Jan 21, 2022
Germany
Yeah, Nylon isn't repairable so I do understand his approach. The only other option is replacement.
But scavenging one is a waiting game with no guarantees, and trying to reverse engineer your own takes skills very few collectors have.
With those fine teeth, it would have to be made by a shop with higher-end printers and materials too
I did it in such a way that I took a spare parts dispenser and cut a piece out of the gear there and put it in the gap it worked but not perfectly :(