Sliders not running smoothly - is this normal?

Atomtan

Member (SA)
Oct 22, 2010
U.K.
Hi All, I have my M70 in pieces working through the usual things service things.

The box worked well until around a year ago when it started losing sound on the left channel (though sometimes it worked perfectly).

I really don't fancy having to get into the sliders and have read the threads elsewhere and here about these.

Is there any guidance you can give as to physical / other tests I can do to assess their condition of the sliders without taking them off and apart (appreciate you can never be sure about old sliders anyway).

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Since you have the box apart my Approach would be to find somebody to rebuild the slider for you I know it's a pain in the ass but sometimes you have no choice.

Atomtan

Member (SA)
Oct 22, 2010
U.K.
Thank you for your replies. I am in the UK, so sadly am not able to take up Superduper on his services.

I felt that at this age, the sliders will need a service.

I'm tempted to put it back together for now (they take up so much space when they are apart!) and hunt for any sliders I can use to canibalise for parts (appreciate original spec ones are now unobtainable) and read and watch the videos enough times to give me confidence to have a go at them....