Sharp WQ-T351 X-BASS...help needed

Wes125

Member (SA)
Aug 9, 2021
Uk
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE SPEAKER GRILLS ON THESE. THE WIRE MESH SEEMS LIKE IT'S STUCK ON FROM THE FRONT. IT DOES NOT PUSH THROUGH THE PLASTIC FRONT WITH BITS THAT BEND OVER LIKE MOST GRILLS DO. I DON'T WANT TO FORCE IT INCASE IT BENDS IT ALL OUT OF SHAPESharp WQ-T351 X-BASS.JPG

Wes125

Member (SA)
Aug 9, 2021
Uk
see what i mean Alpha Mike. the mesh is the same as mine. it doesn't come through the inside. i think the've stuck it on from the frontgiveimage.jpg

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Yeah, they probably dipped the edge of the grille in glue and shoved it into the speaker enclosure.
You might be able to separate it with a hair dryer, that black tar-like glue generally softens up with some heat.

Wes125

Member (SA)
Aug 9, 2021
Uk
na. i dont like the idea of using a hair dryer on it. it will probably melt the plastic. that will need a lot of heat to unstick the glue. i know the japs would of used tough sticking adhesive on it..thats the trouble with this later stuff they go for the easy build options. a bit of glue. push it on sorted. saves time in factory so they can turn out more