Sharp GF-777H= I Screwed Up!!

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi everyone,I made a big couple of mistakes on working in my 777H,I was trying to guide the belt back on the flywheel on tape 2 and stupid me had the back still plugged in and another stupid me was using a Phillips screwdriver on doing this and accidentally just barely touched the back of the deck board that exposed on tape 2 upon putting the belt back on the flywheel. Deck was spinning and just grazing the back couple solder joints it killed the decks!

now only power will come on when hitting play or functions,no motors,no nothing in decks now,all other stuff is ok.

I am very bummed out,I shouldn’t have been in there with a screwdriver at all.
I’m wondering if anyone can help me?!

I know I’ll eventually have to take the deck sections out,is this hard?
I’ve never had any problems with the decks on my 777,767’s.
Just bummed out,I’m wondering if there’s a lot of damage or a component or needs a deck board?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I can take a phot of exact spot I touched.
It’s just where the exposed flywheel is on tape 2 just to the right of that where the board is visible on the back and there’s like 2 solder joints right there that you can see.

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
We have all done it at one point, sounds like you have grounded the dc supply to the motor. Time to tear it down and get the Service Manual.

Reactions: Ghettoboom767

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi Caution,I will do that it just might be next month when I open it up again. I’m just mad at myself for being stupid and making such a dumb mistake.
thanks that makes sense,nothing smoked or smelled at least,just killed the motor power totally. It does turn in power though when I hit any tape function button but no motor action.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
We have all done it at one point, sounds like you have grounded the dc supply to the motor. Time to tear it down and get the Service Manual.
Hi Hopey,I’ll be doing this next month and I hope I can get it going again. It didn’t smoke or smell it just stopped all motor function.