SCR 2015 20/20

ramonf98

Nov 17, 2023
España
Good morning everyone, I take this opportunity to introduce myself,
I am a technician in Barcelona (Spain) and I have a problem with this boombox. It worked well, I changed the cassette belts, I greased the pb/rec switch and potentiometers + switches, everything was working well and suddenly it starts to distort, low dial light and VU, very low sound and almost only noise in any source...
I have changed almost all the electrolytics on the board and the transistors in the source and it is still the same... any idea of the problem please?
I have many interès of solve It...
thank you

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
You said " I greased the pb/rec switch and potentiometers + switches ". Greasing is a NO NO!
I hope you meant you cleaned it with Deoxit FaderLube 5 and greased mechanical parts and not switch contacts.

Check the voltage on the power rails.

ramonf98

Nov 17, 2023
España
Sorry if I expressed myself wrong, I meant that I lubricated everything (no mechanical) with contact cleaner....
I don't have the diagram to look at voltages, but the 7806 regulator only has 4 V input, which I have also changed... I mean, some component in The fountain area reduces tension...

ramonf98

Nov 17, 2023
España
Good morning everyone, I take this opportunity to introduce myself,
I am a technician in Barcelona (Spain) and I have a problem with this boombox. It worked well, I changed the cassette belts, I greased the pb/rec switch and potentiometers + switches, everything was working well and suddenly it starts to distort, low dial light and VU, very low sound and almost only noise in any source...
I have changed almost all the electrolytics on the board and the transistors in the source and it is still the same... any idea of the problem please?
I have many interès of solve It...
thank you
"The model it's Rising SRC 2015 but I don't know how to change it in the title."