Sanyo m7770k plug

donahuest

Member (SA)
May 4, 2018
London, Ontario
Hello. Can somebody please help me with the plug to buy for this. I’ve bought a couple 9V plugs. One doesn’t go in all the way. The other will come on but no speakers.

donahuest

Member (SA)
May 4, 2018
London, Ontario
Hello. I found a suitable plug and have also tried batteries b it have the same problem. All functions work on the radio including cassette, radio and line in with no static etc. the only problem it won’t play through the speakers. I have to connect the line out to an external to listen. The headphone jack produces no sound as well. Only when using line out do I hear it. I opened up and never seen anything obvious or unplugged. I squirted co tact cleaner in the switches and record bar and work then baclean and forth and nothing happened. Any idea why I’m getting no sound? Thanks

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
If the polarity of the external power supply is reversed, it is possible that the amplifier chip is burnt.
If it is now turned on correctly, all functions will work but there is no sound.
The amplifier chip (LA4192) will need to be replaced.
You can find it here: ebay co uk LA4192
Therefore, it is very important to check before turning on the external power supply.
There should be information next to the jack - see picture below.
Usually, old cassette players have a negative center, and the adapters have a positive center. Read more here: plug polarity

Last edited:
Reactions: BoomboxLover48