Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Superduper said:
:hmmm: I wonder......

My grills looks just like that now. But I had to paint mine, because they originally had a nakked yellowish (like the case back) plastic finish.

So is that original, redone (like mine), or is there more than 1 variation? :hmmm:

Mine has the yellowish dirty look you noted. I am behind on projects so I won't really know what I've got till I clean the box up. :hmmm:

Superduper

Member (SA)
oldskool69 said:
Mine has the yellowish dirty look you noted. I am behind on projects so I won't really know what I've got till I clean the box up. :hmmm:
I couldn't live with my yellowish plastic grill. Made the dang thing look super cheap to skimp even on the paint. It's bad enough it's not a real metal grill but rather a cheap molded imitation but to leave it naked? So I painted mine a graphite/pewter color and now, it looks right (although in the back of my mind, I'll always know).

Sazeus

Member (SA)
Mar 21, 2012
Melbourne Australia
Looks like there is more than one variation. Mine has plastic and chrome bits in behind the grills. I'm still holding my breath for a cassette door before I need the sticker...

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Superduper said:
oldskool69 said:
I couldn't live with my yellowish plastic grill. Made the dang thing look super cheap to skimp even on the paint. It's bad enough it's not a real metal grill but rather a cheap molded imitation but to leave it naked? So I painted mine a graphite/pewter color and now, it looks right (although in the back of my mind, I'll always know).
Mine had the yellowish grill too. I sold it because of that :lol:

(Well, also because I didn't like the sound.......seemed rather muffled, and all midrange)

But, the Ambience feature worked quite nicely. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.