Reflections of shipping experiences.

DPaignall

Member (SA)
Dec 8, 2019
Yes , that's worse than the m90 I got that was wrapped in cardboard but by some miracle survived the trip and the lady at the post office slammed it down on the counter after carting it out of the back in a grocery type cart.
That would give me nightmares, my box is worth hundreds of times less than an M90, I'd contact the seller to specify that they didn't package it like mine!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
That would give me nightmares, my box is worth hundreds of times less than an M90, I'd contact the seller to specify that they didn't package it like mine!
I trusted the seller. He only did it that way to make it under the size limit for USPS international shipping , it made the trip fine but I sweated the whole time and I went to the post office because the tracking said it was there.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I trusted the seller. He only did it that way to make it under the size limit for USPS international shipping , it made the trip fine but I sweated the whole time and I went to the post office because the tracking said it was there.
Long live the n90 brother

MontanaTR

Apr 15, 2018
I ordered a "complete and working" Sony MHC-NX1 mini system on eBay a year or so ago. It arrived to me almost completely destroyed.

A worn-out cardboard box, random single sheets of bubble wrap, and plastic bags (yes, plastic bags). The seller tried to claim no fault and the courier was rough (perhaps). The lack of decent packaging had me convinced otherwise.

33KHEUiKQIOvW%yF0tiILQ.jpgcCB6+QiUQiWkl9UyyZF3YA.jpgRgUL2swUTb6v8lMJAOnjRA.jpg

DPaignall

Member (SA)
Dec 8, 2019
I ordered a "complete and working" Sony MHC-NX1 mini system on eBay a year or so ago. It arrived to me almost completely destroyed.

A worn-out cardboard box, random single sheets of bubble wrap, and plastic bags (yes, plastic bags). The seller tried to claim no fault and the courier was rough (perhaps). The lack of decent packaging had me convinced otherwise.

View attachment 49194View attachment 49195View attachment 49196
Hopefully you got a refund from the seller as it's their responsibility. I bought the same system years ago locally for £20, the CD changer part was hilarious, a cats cradle of elastic bands that were supposed to swap disks, looked at repairing it but it went straight in the bin instead - and I don't like throwing stuff away! Still using the remaining system, the speakers are especially good.

ny935

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2019
My birthday present for myself. Was described as working with slow cassette deck and volume issues. Arrived in one piece. 2 screws loose in box, 1 other went missing. And discolored on half the box. Didn't notice in the blurry pics.
Doa but could of been way worse considering the packing . 2 new bubble wraps shoved on one side of box.20210422_103452.jpg20210422_103452.jpg

Attachments

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
My birthday present for myself. Was described as working with slow cassette deck and volume issues. Arrived in one piece. 2 screws loose in box, 1 other went missing. And discolored on half the box. Didn't notice in the blurry pics.
Doa but could of been way worse considering the packing . 2 new bubble wraps shoved on one side of box.View attachment 52062View attachment 52062
how lazy can you be!? I got a Rane12 boxed like that. The idiot used empty water bottles around the sides and nothing on the bottom and top of the single wall box :bang:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
This is dreadful, i once had an aiwa 770 put in an empty box with no packing whatsoever luckily the box was not damaged in any way

ny935

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2019
This was my first and last shipped boombox. The delay in sending it, silence from the seller, and packing turned me off. I've had over 50 and all found fairly local. Sold/traded in person most of the smaller ones, still have 38. Only bought it for a twin to my other m71. I've driven 4 hours round trip for my jvc 550. I'll stick to that.
This is dreadful, i once had an aiwa 770 put in an empty box with no packing whatsoever luckily the box was not damaged in any way
[/QUOT

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
This was my first and last shipped boombox. The delay in sending it, silence from the seller, and packing turned me off. I've had over 50 and all found fairly local. Sold/traded in person most of the smaller ones, still have 38. Only bought it for a twin to my other m71. I've driven 4 hours round trip for my jvc 550. I'll stick to that.
I have had some great packers etc on ebay but there is also plenty of dishonesty on there....if i had a pound for all the dishonesty i have dealt with on ebay and the forums i would be a rich man, i just move on as i don't like being a drama queen anymore and keep myself to myself..

lucky for you you can pick up things like this....mind you im finished buying now and am trying to thin out, good hunting dude

Reactions: Jamie Rood

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Tough to see a M71 take a trip like that with almost no protection. It takes the breath right out of you when a package arrives like this. M71's in my experience have been the most beat down of the M70 series and physically trashed by the time we get to rescue them. Good luck with your new blaster.

Jamie Rood

Jun 1, 2022
Austin, Texas
www.JamieRood.com
Just got a piece yesterday and first look at the box I knew heartache awaited me :( - Next time something rare & special, I may send a box and have them send it back pre-paid - it may still be chaeper than what some ebay etailers are charging for shipping!

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
Just got a piece yesterday and first look at the box I knew heartache awaited me :( - Next time something rare & special, I may send a box and have them send it back pre-paid - it may still be chaeper than what some ebay etailers are charging for shipping!
When I receive damaged boxes I always take pictures of all sides before opening it.
I've even waited to open a few until I contacted the sellers because I knew there was damage from the sounds of pieces rolling around inside.

Reactions: Jamie Rood

Donnie

Member (SA)
Nov 15, 2020
Canada
I had one NIB advertised blaster arrive with NEW IN BOX written on the box in large letters.

Another NIB advertised item (not a ghettoblaster) arrived with the box used as the shipping box. So the shipping label attached directly to the box.

People have loose belts in their heads.