Powering my Lasonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Since we're on the topic of power for the i931, I thought I would add something I learned which will save you money on batteries if you decide to use them. At times I do enjoy taking my box outside while washing the car etc. I purchased 10 D size Alkaline batteries and played it for 30 minutes on the radio. I pressed the power button to turn it off and it Sat for 2 days. When I went to power it back on it was dead and wouldn't even power up. There went 10 dollars of my money.

I purchased 10 D size rechargeables Ni-MH at 11,000mah (the best you can get). I charged these in the new smart charger I got and installed and played the stereo full blast for 12 hours until my wife started yelling. It played on a softer volume setting for 4 more hours until it died. I charged them back up and played it for 1 hour or so at a low volume. Powered it off and let it sit for 3 or 4 days. I go to use it and its dead.

Here's the scoop. If your going to use batteries in this stereo make sure you flip the selector switch back to AC to cut the power from the batteries to the unit when your not using it. It drains batteries even when not in use if you don't. Once I discovered this I was able to make the batteries last for weeks at a time in the stereo. Also if you get rechargeable batteries get at least 10,000mah capacity batteries. I got the Tenergy brand. Yes they were 100 US dollars with the charger but they are simply awesome! They last so long I almost never plug my stereo in at all.

Also just FYI the mic input on the front with the volume and the echo work really nice as a guitar aplifier to play your Strat or Les Paul through while playing to music. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.