Please help with Magnavox D8300

Rrl1978

Jun 6, 2022
Ohio
Pretty sure the Philips D8303 and D8304 use the same belts, you could try these if they look similar to the ones you pulled out.
Thank you for your help. I do not know if thats how they look because the belts were missing when I found this boombox at a yard sale. Which is why im looking for the size/measurements.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I don't see any. As usual, the service manual doesn't mention their sizes, just the Philips part numbers for them (items 408, 419 and 421 on page 9) which I couldn't find info for. Some sites will cross reference those. If you're insistent on determining the sizes, buy a variety pack of belts, or use a piece of wire wrapped around the paths and subtract 5% for tension.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rrl1978 and floyd

Rrl1978

Jun 6, 2022
Ohio
I don't see any. As usual, the service manual doesn't mention their sizes, just the Philips part numbers for them (items 408, 419 and 421 on page 9) which I couldn't find info for. Some sites will cross reference those. If you're insistent on determining the sizes, buy a variety pack of belts, or use a piece of wire wrapped around the paths and subtract 5% for tension.
Good advice. Thank you for helping me. I really appriciate your input. You just gave me more info in your resposes than what I could find online.

Thank you again.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I agree the variety packs are the way to go they always saved me in the past . I would suggest buying a square belt and a flat belt variety packs. You can always use what's left from these variety packs on other boxes .it's a good investment.

Reactions: Rrl1978

Rrl1978

Jun 6, 2022
Ohio
Another question for you. Do you have any info on the antenna, for the Magnavox D8300?