Plays for 3 seconds and stops

FRizzo17

Member (SA)
Nov 22, 2016
Hello, just wondering if anyone can help with this issue. The bottom deck will play for 3 or 4 seconds then stop. I noticed the spindles arent moving when theres no tape inside and i press play. The belts are replaced also, is there an idler tire somewhere on this deck?

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I had this issue before.
In the image below you can see arrows pointing to one end of a spring.
That white plastic piece is getting upward force from the spring, but not enough.
The angle between the two ends of the spring needs to be increased.
I did this by pinching the ends where they enter the coil and forced the coil open a little more.
You don't want to bend the ends of the spring, you only want to undo the coil a little bit.
This will increase the angle between the ends, so when you reinstall it, more pressure will be applied to the white piece.
Not saying this is your answer, but it worked for me. Good luck

Reactions: Northerner

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
The symptom will also occur on newly belted decks when the belt tension is too tight if it's an auto stop deck then basically the belts are so tight it constantly engages the auto stop.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
You might want to also try spinning the fly wheels around a few times just to make sure there's nothing bound up cuz these are hella finicky box when you take them apart.