Panasonic RX-C45 plays too fast

ScrunchGumpgins

Mar 14, 2022
Valley Springs, CA
Hi. My rx-c45 plays too fast, and I can't for the life of me find the motor potentiometer. I have a speed calibration tape, so that's not a problem. Does anyone know where the hole for the speed potentiometer is? Thank you!

P.S. I'm talking about the u.s. model, the one with the permanent magnet erase head, if that helps.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Have you looked on the motor itself?.
Sometimes they cover a hole on the back of the motor with a tiny sticker . If you poke through it there might be a control pot to adjust the tape speed.

ScrunchGumpgins

Mar 14, 2022
Valley Springs, CA
I've looked at the motor and know where the potentiometer is, the problem I have is that I can't calibrate the speed with the boombox apart. I have shaky hands and any attempt to adjust the potentiometer while holding the mechanism in the other hand would surely lead me to accidentally ripping a cable or shorting something.

I would rather try to find a hole on the back that leads to the potentiometer. Thank you.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Just take the deck out and adjust the motor slightly anti clock wise while the deck is off....spocks best guess was never wrong....but yea my hands are gone too just like the rest of me lol

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
and all that test tape malarkey is a load of bollox my friend, you're ears are the best tools you have, good luck

ScrunchGumpgins

Mar 14, 2022
Valley Springs, CA
Nevermind, I don't know why but playing a music tape seemed to fix it and I was able to stabilize the speed after all! Thank you guys for all your help! Do I need to close this thread now? And if so, how?