Panasonic RX-5120 anyone knows value of VR? Indicated as CH1?

H3NK3L

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2020
France
Hello,
I recently got a Panasonic RX-5120, can't find a service Manuel for it :(

Sound great.. On right channel
. Left channel is very very weak (no matter what the input)

On the amp pcb there is a variable resistor indicated as CH1 (CH2 is right next to it), this is broken (it's screwdriver holed metal round plate came off) and the resistance (black round thing) is broken. When I "short" it, sound on left channel is louuuuud (instead of extremely weak)

Also when I ever so slightly move the CH2 resistor it crackles and left goes weak as well so I think they both suffered what I presume to be humidity or an overdose of contact cleaner.

Does anyone happen to know the value for this resistor which only has" 1401 "marked on it?

Thanks in advance

H3NK3L

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2020
France
PS same. Box, the tuner wire is totally undone (I got it that way) and it's a Chinese puzzle to put it back in place, if anyone has the diagram to put it back... Please let me know

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
They are 100K. CH1 and CH2 refer to left and right channel. They adjust the tape head.
Look for VR101 and VR201 in the lower-left corner of page 10 (schematic is here)

Reactions: H3NK3L

H3NK3L

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2020
France
Thank you very very very very much !!!!
you also solved my puzzling tuner dial threading !!!

H3NK3L

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2020
France
They are 100K. CH1 and CH2 refer to left and right channel. They adjust the tape head.
Look for VR101 and VR201 in the lower-left corner of page 10 (schematic is here)
Once again thank you very much for the info and the schematics, took a while but thanks to you I managed to restring the tuner and even to add bluetooth to this rather underrated device. Tuner up and running, sound on both sides, playback level back to normal , what a difference a VR101 and VR201 replacement makes !!

Any others on this device : replacing the caps on the volume/bass-treble PCB even brings back the bass to this device (makes no difference for the highs though) :)

(the finished "oeuvre" - did try to keep bluetoothing as discrete as possible though, dont like messing up the design or worse turning it into a christmas decoration or something for a colorfestival)