Original Model TRC-931 Deck B Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Thought I'd post this here, was posted on s2go, but thought it might be worth a try here just in case someones got some ideas or missed it.

I got the deck on this one fixed by my reapairer dude and it was my job left to fix the door as it was out of alignment ever so slightly from a previous repair that I couldn't test as, of course, the deck wasn't running.

So I get the door all nice and lovely, soft eject parts all rockin and smooth. Get her back together and now the motor won't spin up.The motor is brand new as it was replaced by the repairer and was running perfectly before this incident, all belts are new, like I say it was all great apart from alignment of the tape in the door holder.

So the querstion is WHAT THE HELL has happened?

It's getting power to everything else fine, I can manually turn the fly wheel and the tape plays, with the button pushed in, but it's like the switch that engages the motor when a button is pressed just isn't working. Also, when turned off pressing the deck buttons down turn her on to be in Sleep mode, so that part of the electrics is ok.

All wires are still connected, the leaf switches seem to be all cool (i'm no expert with these though), so I'm tapped out of ideas. If anyone can help out, I'd be very grateful as otherwise I'll have to take it back again, which isn't something I'd prefer to do as I don't learn anything much from that.

As Blahblahblah posted on the original thread: it's a simple mech, and I checked out all of Ramon's suggestion regarding wires and the drive belts.

Help me brothers of obi-boomboxery, you're my only hope!

Rock On.

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
ok so everything looks ok the belts are in place ok as soon as you press the play there should be a leaf switch that should make the motor run which one not sure have not seen your deck but you got to remember even if the plat button is press there could be a piece of plastic missing from the tip thats why its important to make sure all the ones are in its rightful place and that infact it is really pushing the reed switch up to engage the motor,, there are a few of those reed switches tied together so lets say you pressed the rew then it has to push the reed switch up ,, what i am trying to say its a possiblity you may have to pull everything out again and look carefully just to make sure that the piece of metal that pushes that switch up is in fact doing just that hope it helps :ninja:

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
I would suggest taking it back apart and inspecting very closely to make sure a wire didn't come off of something. I know on my Aiwa tape deck when I took it to my tech he said he found a few wires that were ready to come off just from me handling the deck part a few times trying to get the belts on. Double check everything you did to fix the door you may find something. Last thing you could do is take it back to your tech at least you have someone that is familiar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.