left speakers no sound

sxcexcsx

Feb 1, 2013
Dresden (Germany)
Only a faint sound from the tuner. You can hear clear voice or music at a very low volume. If i connect the speaker cable to the right port on the circuit board then is full volume possible. So there's no wiring problem from the speaker itself i think. Other source (cassette) not tested, because it's out of function at the moment.
Anybody got a service manual or an idea?
Thanks
TG

stynger007

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
The Great White North Canada
Only a faint sound from the tuner. You can hear clear voice or music at a very low volume. If i connect the speaker cable to the right port on the circuit board then is full volume possible. So there's no wiring problem from the speaker itself i think. Other source (cassette) not tested, because it's out of function at the moment.
Anybody got a service manual or an idea?
Thanks
TG
Greetings, when losing sound this way , The record slider, balance slider, dirty pots, function switch, and headphone jack should all be suspect. Have you tried deoxit on the balance slider, as well, open the box and access the record switch slider and give it a spray , work in by hand. Spray and clean all pots . Assuming you meant the external speaker out jack , clean contacts by rolling a small piece of 120 grit sandpaper and stick in the hole work it back and forth on both sides. The headphone jack also may need the same treatment with sandpaper. Report back with your findings.Good luck!

Reactions: BoomboxLover48