JVC RC M90 Paint Codes

Coast Steve

Member (SA)
Nov 26, 2018
Sunshine Coast BC Canada
You've done stunning job on that paint. But what do you do with the text graphics?

You didn't somehow reprint them all did you? And if not then did you just mask them all off and blend the paint at the edges?

Looks really nice.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Coast Steve said:
You've done stunning job on that paint. But what do you do with the text graphics?

You didn't somehow reprint them all did you? And if not then did you just mask them all off and blend the paint at the edges?

Looks really nice.
I am willing to bet that the repainted areas are the places without the text. However, when it comes to the experience of the folks here, I wouldn't put it past anyone to be able to duplicate the text and apply the graphics over the paint:-)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Coast Steve said:
Wow , that's very cool. A bit like that old rub on "Letraset"
Exactly like that.

I didn't make my own transfers but I had been talking with a company in Minnesota USA to make the tooling for the transfers a couple years ago. My drawing file scale wasn't quite right and the super tiny text there was no guarantee that it would stick and stay on the radio..... I never ordered any.

The company charges by the 'sheet', that's why you see at least 3 sets of JVC M90 lettering on that page.