JVC RC-M50 cassette motor cleaning/lube/adjust

Chrysler

Jun 16, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Hey Guys/Gals! I’ve got a JVC M50 that I’m trying to get the cassette running at the proper speed! It’s running pretty slow! When I got it the cassette didn’t work at all so I installed new belts on it.
truth be known I’m not new to taking things apart and trouble shooting problems, I am new to tape motors etc so my question is how do I lubricate the motor to try and get it to run quicker and also how do I adjust the motor? The motor appears to be facing the front of the unit? Maybe an access hole on the front? Either way if anyone has any help or have worked on this particular model and could offer help that would be appreciated!!! Thanks

Attachments

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
hello.
you must continue to disconnect the mechanism from the chassis.
in most cases there is an opening in the motor housing
in which the speed is adjusted with a screwdriver.
take pictures so you can put it back together.

Chrysler

Jun 16, 2021
Ontario, Canada
hello.
you must continue to disconnect the mechanism from the chassis.
in most cases there is an opening in the motor housing
in which the speed is adjusted with a screwdriver.
take pictures so you can put it back together.
So I did take it completely apart and with a mini screwdriver I adjusted it clockwise to what seemed to be the end of adjustment. Put it all back together and it’s faster but still a bit slow. You think I may need to replace the motor? Like I mentioned before the belts are new so that’s not an issue

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
Need to have it running while adjusting the trim pot. The belts maybe too tight or the motor needs servicing or replacement.