Jvc rc-838 speaker upgrade

tehokowhitu

Member (SA)
May 31, 2017
QLD, Australia
love it! I also own a jvc 838 myself and have been wanting to replace my speakers they sound pretty bad.

I have clicked on the link for the chrome speakers but how did you purchase off a different language website? lol
I got as far as logging in with my facebook account and that was it....I kinda don't understand how to pay and ship it
to me.

tehokowhitu

Member (SA)
May 31, 2017
QLD, Australia
are your speakers full range? I found me a pair of full range speakers, 6 inch, 4ohm and 30watts.

They're gonna sound very loud and finally give the attitude the 838 needs.

chhchca

Member (SA)
Sep 6, 2016
tehokowhitu said:
love it! I also own a jvc 838 myself and have been wanting to replace my speakers they sound pretty bad.

I have clicked on the link for the chrome speakers but how did you purchase off a different language website? lol
I got as far as logging in with my facebook account and that was it....I kinda don't understand how to pay and ship it
to me.
No I don't have problem with the language, though actually I had a friend of mine placed the order on my behalf.

tehokowhitu said:
are your speakers full range? I found me a pair of full range speakers, 6 inch, 4ohm and 30watts.

They're gonna sound very loud and finally give the attitude the 838 needs.
Great to know you have found your full range speakers. How do they sound on your 838? Can you pls include a couple of photos of the speakers? Thanks a lot!

vermouth

Member (SA)
Aug 15, 2018
Brazil & USA
chhchca said:
Could you share a website where you ordered the feilo YD-165 9B?
FYI, I used the following as my source, both YD2-1652 and YD-165 9B will work on RC 838. Both have 4 ohm and 8 ohm versions:

https://world.taobao.com/item/527461097043.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.4lYfdt#detail

https://world.taobao.com/item/528081037545.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.4lYfdt#detail
Was anyone able to source these outside of Taobao? If not, does anyone have a good system for ordering on Taobao?

jerrymilton

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2019
Austin, TX
vermouth said:
Could you share a website where you ordered the feilo YD-165 9B?
FYI, I used the following as my source, both YD2-1652 and YD-165 9B will work on RC 838. Both have 4 ohm and 8 ohm versions:
[/QUOTE]

I ordered from that site a few days ago no problem. You just have to use Google Chrome to translate....and have an Alipay acct. It is on the way to me in Texas,USA.

vermouth

Member (SA)
Aug 15, 2018
Brazil & USA
I finally was able to place an order for the Feilos by using Spreenow.com. Can't wait to see if these improve the 838, which I'm finding to be very lackluster with the stock speakers.

lmyers

Nov 24, 2021
norfolk va
Hi, when I go to the page you listed for the YD-165 9B
sweet replacement cans for sure...that is epic!!! those new woofers are very close in dimensions to the originals with slightly bigger magnets & huge chrome dustcaps...love it!!!....Awesome job finding these as a replacement....
Hi, did you have any difficulty with the webpages you listed for these speakers, the "view details and buy" button doesn't seem to work for me on either page you referenced. Thanks

richlooker

Jan 5, 2023
Oslo
I am looking to upgrade my RC-838. Have purchased a class D amp module, which should be able to deliver 2x15W in 4 ohms:

I have found that automotive speakers - sporting low impedance and shallow mounting depth - should be ideal. These should fit and I expect will sound great:

This won't be a cheap upgrade, but I think this box is worth investing in :-)

Cheers, Richard

6500c 3.JPG6500c 4.JPG6500c 2.JPG6500c 1.JPGta2024.JPG

Reactions: soundslikespace

soundslikespace

Member (SA)
Feb 1, 2024
Texas
I am looking to upgrade my RC-838. Have purchased a class D amp module, which should be able to deliver 2x15W in 4 ohms:

I have found that automotive speakers - sporting low impedance and shallow mounting depth - should be ideal. These should fit and I expect will sound great:

This won't be a cheap upgrade, but I think this box is worth investing in :-)

Cheers, Richard

View attachment 56266View attachment 56267View attachment 56268View attachment 56269View attachment 56270

Hello! How did this work out for you?

I have a JVC RC-838JW that I would like to upgrade soon. I at least want to upgrade the midrange speakers and maybe even the tweeters.

Can anyone make a good recommendation for current midrage and tweeter options? Any links to purchase would be very appreciated.

Last edited: