japanmall 1975

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
hey guys just want to let you all know about this guy....He put me through hoops to try to get my box...he was paid right away for his item and marked it as shipped on the 28th of november ...When in fact it was not shipped his communication was very poor and delayed in responding ...had to open an ebay case on the seller and then he was more than happy to respond to me .His packing was very poor If it was a larger box It would have not made the long journey in one piece..the good part of this story was the radio was as described..cosmetically... but did need to be disassembled and cleaned in order to work properly..so I just wanted to let you guys know since this seller is new and really has quite a few grails up for sale....but my experince with him was in fact an ordeal and I will not be purchasing from this seller again :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Good warning Jimmy! :yes:

I will never attempt to buy one paying over $200 for shipping. :nonono: :nonono:

And that only will happen when my wife is out of town for a month or two. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Over sea deals are always a chance taker. At least this time around you were the winner but of course many guys have been screwed over by those sales from Japan and paid high premiums for garbage. Thanks for the heads up bro ;-)

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
you said it brooklyn...This guy sucks baul$$ for breakfast. Just recently, he gave me the run-around after paying for a Japan M70 & I paid it off within 24 hours of auction ending. I think he didn't want to go through with the sale because the M70 sold to me for 155 US & 160 shipping & that box was pretty minty too. Tape fully working, etc. That's the only reason I went for it. He was slow to respond, gave me lame excuses for the delay in mailing it out & I had to go to eBay to get a refund through their buyer protection program. He even tried to snow me by claiming it was returned by customs because he left the batteries in it. The box was never mailed out according to the tracking number he linked & it still hasn't been, 1 month later. What a scammin' LIAR!!

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY....'JapanMall1975' is his eBay name of SHAME...

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
I was watching this seller too, but really scarred to buy from such new nofeedback dudes. The only thing thats make sense in his words is that indeed customs are sending back if there are batteries. Im pretty sure that my 9998 which i sold and sent to Kraftmatic is getting slow thru US customs because have those plastic battery tubes in the compartment :thumbsdown: . Damn lately im seeing lot of bad experience about US customs :thumbsdown: . And the bad thing is that the same time when held in the US customs tracking showing still "preparing for shipment" in the original post of the country of the sender :thumbsdown: .

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
stormsven said:
I was watching this seller too, but really scarred to buy from such new nofeedback dudes. The only thing thats make sense in his words is that indeed customs are sending back if there are batteries. Im pretty sure that my 9998 which i sold and sent to Kraftmatic is getting slow thru US customs because have those plastic battery tubes in the compartment :thumbsdown: . Damn lately im seeing lot of bad experience about US customs :thumbsdown: . And the bad thing is that the same time when held in the US customs tracking showing still "preparing for shipment" in the original post of the country of the sender :thumbsdown: .
He just didn't want to honour the deal because the auction closed at 155US on a minty Japan M70 but that is what eBay is about. Winning an item for less than its worth. That is why people bid. The last day left to respond to my dispute, he gave me the last excuse about the batteries holding it up so I would hang on beyond the 45 day mark to file a dispute. Little did he know eBay already gave me my money back without any trouble or further inquiry. That's how blatantly obvious his excuses were. Even now, the same tracking number shows 'Item not found' in the Japan Post tracking locator.

Shame to you & your family, JapanMall1975. :nonono: :nonono:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I purchased my new Black Korean AKA C126 from new seller from Korea (thanku_market). He has low positive feedback and only 3 National Boomboxes shipped that I could see. I bought box without using Ebay at a much lower price, only $100 plus shipping. I paid through Paypal for safety. He had it packed by professional with very little bubble wrap, I asked for few layers, and they used 2" thick styrofoam all around in new box. Then it was shipped Expedited shipping within 2 days of me paying and I got unit in 3 days. Nothing broke and he fully kept his word, well except for bubble wrap. I did send him message that for better safety they need to use more bubble wrap. But I'm very happy with my first purchase from Asian country and would probably buy from him again :thumbsup:

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
baddboybill said:
I purchased my new Black Korean AKA C126 from new seller from Korea (thanku_market). He has low positive feedback and only 3 National Boomboxes shipped that I could see. I bought box without using Ebay at a much lower price, only $100 plus shipping. I paid through Paypal for safety. He had it packed by professional with very little bubble wrap, I asked for few layers, and they used 2" thick styrofoam all around in new box. Then it was shipped Expedited shipping within 2 days of me paying and I got unit in 3 days. Nothing broke and he fully kept his word, well except for bubble wrap. I did send him message that for better safety they need to use more bubble wrap. But I'm very happy with my first purchase from Asian country and would probably buy from him again :thumbsup:
That's good to hear tripleB. I'll keep that in mind. What's weird is that this 'JapanMall1975' has a good record in the past for fast shipping & a member did get his Sharp grail eventually, even if packed poorly, but lately his shipping record sucks & real spotty with responding to emails, questions, etc. Now, he's had really pricy, hard to find hi-end turntables & esoteric amps from the 80's & 90's for big bucks. It makes me wonder. :hmmm: :hmmm:

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Cpl-Chronic said:
baddboybill said:
That's good to hear tripleB. I'll keep that in mind. What's weird is that this 'JapanMall1975' has a good record in the past for fast shipping & a member did get his Sharp grail eventually, even if packed poorly, but lately his shipping record sucks & real spotty with responding to emails, questions, etc. Now, he's had really pricy, hard to find hi-end turntables & esoteric amps from the 80's & 90's for big bucks. It makes me wonder. :hmmm: :hmmm:
I think he used the boomers to build feedback so he could sell higer priced items :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:just my opinion

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
bklyn sound said:
I think he used the boomers to build feedback so he could sell higer priced items :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:just my opinion
I was wondering the same thing but who knows, maybe this guy is just a flake who's really just bad at following through on things. It's when you lie about shipping an item out, aren't communicating until the last minute, do not ship it at all after 3 weeks of wiating, lie again about being held up & returned when the case is escalated to PayPal & never offer a refund or a working tracking number, then I think its safe to say he SUCKS BAULL$$!!!

I wouldn't even buy a case screw from him for a nickel, even if it had free shippijng. BOOOOOOOHHH JapanMall1975!!!!

Superduper

Member (SA)
baddboybill said:
Glad your experience was good but you should know that I had an opposite experience and have vowed never to purchase anything from exactly that seller. I had to file a dispute and had to escalate the dispute. eBay WILL require you to return the item to get a refund, just FYI. This is eBay protection. PayPal protection is not as robust as eBay protection however so you took an exceptional risk. The only thing I did not do (was tempted though) was to leave negative FB. I wanted all my money back but no-can-do so the next best thing was simply to lose $250 and end up with a non-restorable bucket of parts. It was not an ideal settlement but when you need to return an item internationally, you all should know that it will cost you $200+ to ship it back and in order for eBay to refund your purchase, it MUST be trackable as delivered. So what do you think the lowest cost "trackable" service is to Asia?......................

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Superduper said:
baddboybill said:
Glad your experience was good but you should know that I had an opposite experience and have vowed never to purchase anything from exactly that seller. I had to file a dispute and had to escalate the dispute. eBay WILL require you to return the item to get a refund, just FYI. This is eBay protection. PayPal protection is not as robust as eBay protection however so you took an exceptional risk. The only thing I did not do (was tempted though) was to leave negative FB. I wanted all my money back but no-can-do so the next best thing was simply to lose $250 and end up with a non-restorable bucket of parts. It was not an ideal settlement but when you need to return an item internationally, you all should know that it will cost you $200+ to ship it back and in order for eBay to refund your purchase, it MUST be trackable as delivered. So what do you think the lowest cost "trackable" service is to Asia?......................
Norm which unit did you buy from him? Was it the National 4360?

Status
Not open for further replies.